Spotting tips for MUC

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Comet

Spotting tips for MUC

Post by Comet »

Does anyone have any good spotting tips for Munich? I was talking to someone the other day and he said there was a mound or a hill or something which was good for viewing, and that all the details were on scramble.nl but when I log into scramble I can't view the details for MUC in the database because it says it is for members only! So can anyone please tell me how I can spot at MUC?
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Mathieu

Re: Spotting tips for MUC

Post by Mathieu »

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Look for the Lufthansa historic museum with a connie, a dc3, a ju52, a playground a very nice aviation store and a spotting hill! And aunt ju restorant with a great schnitzel, just one metrostop away from the airport.
From this place are leaving also bustrips for an munich airport tour around the ramps and different runways!
Great place was there in december!
More info on their website!
Have fun!

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks for the info :mrgreen: That is certainly a place I would like to spend a few hours (now I need to get good weather). The vintage airliners are an added bonus, I have never seen a JU52 before. I definitely hope to get there while we are in Munich, I could get some decent video in a place like that.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise