Terminals in Madrid airport

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Inquirer

Terminals in Madrid airport

Post by Inquirer »

About Madrid: could it possibly be you're talking about an Iberia flight experience then?
Because I've been to Madrid a couple of times and its to be called very mediocre at best: 1980s infrastructure clearly.

Note by moderator: sentence removed because of airline-bashing

crew1990

Re: BRU infrastructure: future

Post by crew1990 »

The IAG terminal is very great in MAD it remind me the terminal 5 of LHR. But all the rest is crap with long walking distance!

tolipanebas

Terminals in Madrid

Post by tolipanebas »

Poiu wrote:
Inquirer wrote:Terminal is even used by poor quality airlines like Ryanair, so then you can already imagine it's nothing to write home about.
LH, AF, KLM and SN are using a terminal which has nothing to write home about, so they must be poor quality airlines, according to your logic. :roll: :roll:
FWIW, ryanair are using terminal 1 in MAD; LH, AF,KL and SN are using terminal 2: it's not remotely the same infrastructure, although both are interconnected.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

tolipanebas wrote:
Poiu wrote:
FWIW, ryanair are using terminal 1 in MAD; LH, AF,KL and SN are using terminal 2: it's not remotely the same infrastructure, although both are interconnected.
Not remotely the same???
Exactly the same you mean: T123 are just different entry points to a common gate area A,B,C,D,E,F. If you don't need to drop a bag you can use any entrance to go to any gate.
FR and StarA use the same gates (C and D). From entering the airport to gates takes you 5-10 minutes.
The worst are E and F, used by Skyteam, they are quite a walk from the closest entrance, but not as bad as BRU A-pier.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Poiu wrote:
tolipanebas wrote:
Poiu wrote:
Not remotely the same???
Exactly the same you mean: T123 are just different entry points to a common gate area A,B,C,D,E,F.
T1, 2 and 3 have their own check in area, lounges, passenger facilities and security screening: the boarding areas of the 3 terminals are interconnected at the air side, so you can walk from one terminal to the other on the inside like you say, but they are still different terminals all right.

I agree many passengers try to bypass the depressing land side facilities at T1 and go via the better looking and roomier T2 however. ;)

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

tolipanebas wrote:
Poiu wrote:
tolipanebas wrote:
Not remotely the same???
Exactly the same you mean: T123 are just different entry points to a common gate area A,B,C,D,E,F.
T1, 2 and 3 have their own check in area, lounges, passenger facilities and security screening: the boarding areas of the 3 terminals are interconnected at the air side, so you can walk from one terminal to the other on the inside like you say, but they are still different terminals all right.

I agree many passengers try to bypass the depressing land side facilities at T1 and go via the better looking and roomier T2 however. ;)
Well they could be in for a bad surprise, the longest queues are in T2 during the departure waves of Air Europa.
The T2 lounge you are talking about is 1 minute from one of T1's security points.
I lived and worked in MAD for five years, And I can tell you the only difference between T1 and T2 is that T2 is closer to the metro.
Back on topic!

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

And btw, FR uses both T1 and T2 depending on gate availability ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sean1982 wrote:And btw, FR uses both T1 and T2 depending on gate availability ;)
Ryanair aircraft parked next to my arriving SN flight at T2 on 3/05/2016:
IMG_2581.JPG
André
ex Sabena #26567

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Thanks for the picture, André!
As they say, one picture tells more than a thousand words.
It shows indeed the 1980s mediocre infrastructure of MAD I was referring to, at least when you are not making use of the new terminal at the other end of the airport.
Poiu wrote:LH, AF, KLM and SN are using a terminal which has nothing to write home about, so they must be poor quality airlines too, according to your logic.
What logic are you referring to?
I merely posted a visual example to underpin the fact not all terminals are as overwhelming overthere.
But since you want to give a try at reverse logic: any apple is a fruit, but not all fruit are apples.
Reversible logic fundamentals is a difficult chapter in the textbooks of university courses, I agree. ;)

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Inquirer please.... :roll: :roll:
I was only trying to say you can't judge the airline by the terminal they use, nor can you judge a terminal by the airlines which are using them, just like you can't judge a person by the clothes he wears or the car he drives.
(I do have a university degree and you want reverse logic well here you have it: an apple is a fruit, if it's not a fruit it can't be an apple
(your alter ego Passenger can look up "modus tollens" on wiki)
Last edited by Poiu on 11 May 2016, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Poiu wrote:Inquirer please.... I was only trying to say you can't judge the airline by the terminal they use, just like you can't judge a person by the clothes he wears or the car he drives. I do have a university degree and you want reverse logic well here you have it.AF, KLM, SN are not using the new terminal at the other end of the airport, so they are not quality airlines.

(your alter ego Passenger can look up "modus tollens" on wiki. Your example: an apple is a fruit, it is not a fruit so it is not an apple)
Actually, I'm on wiki's payroll. I write the stuff that some people here use.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Poiu wrote: Inquirer please.... I was only trying to say you can't judge the airline by the terminal they use.
Just to put something straight here really quickly: I am not judging any airline by the terminal they use in Madrid or elsewhere; I am using the presence of one of the lowest quality airlines in Europe to illustrate the simple fact not all of the infrastructure at Madrid is of the amazingly high pristine standards previously discussed, since such airlines would never want to make use of such kind of facilities of course.

The further conclusions (as well as the wrongly used reverse logic you came up with afterwards) are entirely your fabrication only, sir. Please do not put words into my mouth which I haven't said. Thank you.
Last edited by Inquirer on 10 May 2016, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

koja78

Re: Terminals in Madrid

Post by koja78 »

I've only used IB to MAD and to connect beyond... that terminal is quite ok.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

koja78 wrote:I've only used IB to MAD and to connect beyond... that terminal is quite ok.
Quite ok !!!! The IB terminal is beautiful and easy realy a architectural beauty .
Hasta la victoria siempre.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

lumumba wrote:
koja78 wrote:I've only used IB to MAD and to connect beyond... that terminal is quite ok.
Quite ok !!!! The IB terminal is beautiful and easy realy a architectural beauty .
A beauty, yes, but not always practical, because it is divided into a main terminal (T4) and a satellite (T4S) that are 2 km apart ! It is easier to go from T1 to T3 than from T4 to T4S.
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

sn26567 wrote:
lumumba wrote:
A beauty, yes, but not always practical, because it is divided into a main terminal (T4) and a satellite (T4S) that are 2 km apart ! It is easier to go from T1 to T3 than from T4 to T4S.
It was easy for me with the Subway in 5 minutes.
Also beautiful Lounge in the 4S...
I was very impressed by this airport .
Last edited by lumumba on 11 May 2016, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Reg E S Potter

Post by Reg E S Potter »

Inquirer

Just to put something straight here really quickly: I am not judging any airline by the terminal they use in Madrid or elsewhere; I am using the presence of one of the lowest quality airlines in Europe to illustrate the simple fact not all of the infrastructure at Madrid is of the amazingly high pristine standards previously discussed, since such airlines would never want to make use of such kind of facilities of course.

The further conclusions (as well as the wrongly used reverse logic you came up with afterwards) are entirely your fabrication only, sir. Please do not put words into my mouth which I haven't said. Thank you.
Please get down off your high horse Mr Inquirer - it just makes you sound shrill and child-like. Perhaps you need to remember that life is short and that a smile and a pleasant manner will get you more than a growl.
Not sure where your hatred of Ryanair comes from but I do not find them as loathsome as you obviously do.
They fly brand new aircraft (or very young) and you get what you pay for, plus their punctuality is well known. The same cannot be said for a competitor of theirs -Vueling. Of 8 flights with them this year only 1 (one) was on time. 2 were within 10 minutes the rest were much longer with a 3 plus hours on one flight (not weather related). I am not fortunate to have airfares paid for me so I choose flights on price and the low-costs do that for me. In recent flights my least favourites have been with American who operated very old aircraft with poor service - both domestic and Transatlantic and, Vueling - very cramped and disorganised cabin crew.

Back on topic (sort of)my best flight last year was with LAN from FRA to MAD where we used T4S which is a fine, modern structure with a great Iberia lounge, and I flew in Business Class.

For info I am not an airline employee.

koja78

Re: Re: BRU infrastructure: future

Post by koja78 »

okay it was an understatement.. 4 & 4S are indeed beautifull :)