Ryanair announces 4 new routes from East Midlands Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Ryanair announces 4 new routes from East Midlands Airport

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (19 August) announced that it will operate four new routes from East Midlands Airport to Marrakesh (Morocco), Rzeszów, Bydgoszcz and Łódź. It will also increase its frequency on routes to Belfast City and Nantes.

Ryanair’s 2009/10 winter schedule will offer 29 routes to/from East Midlands concentrating on outbound winter sun and city break destinations.

Ryanair’s announcement of four new routes comes hot on the heels of the recent announcement at East Midlands of new routes to Gran Canaria and Lanzarote which start in October, ensuring that Ryanair maintains its full capacity at the airport this winter.

Ryanair’s Laura McCormack said: “Ryanair is delighted to announce four new winter routes from East Midlands to Marrakesh (Morocco), Rzeszów, Bydgoszcz and Łódź which start from the end of October.

"With a total of 29 low fare routes from East Midlands this winter, passengers can beat the recessi on by flying at Ryanair’s guaranteed lowest fares and no fuel surcharges to exciting destinations all over Europe.

"Marrakesh, known as the "Red City", offers a mix of the old and new with the famous Medina and bustling modern city. Marrakech has the largest traditional market (souk) in Morocco and als o has one of the busiest squar es, Djemaa el Fna, in the world.

"Bydgoszcz, situated in Northern Poland, flagged by the rivers Brda and Vistula, makes an excellent weekend getaway destination. Why not head south to one of the most picturesque corners of Poland and fly to Rzeszów and visit the Bieszczady National Park or fly to Łódź, Poland’s third-largest city and explore Piotrkowska Street, one of the longest commercial streets in the world.

"To celebrate these new routes, Ryanair is offering 1million £8 seats for travel across Europe for travel in late September, October and November. These seats will be snapped up fast and are available for booking on www.ryanair.com before midnight Wednesday 19 August. Seats on the new routes from East Midlands are available from £10 for booking from tomorrow until Thursday 27 August for travel until March 2010.”

Route / Begin / From
Rzeszów 3rd Nov £10
Marrakesh 5th N ov £33
Bydgoszcz 4th Nov £10
Łódź 28th Oct £10
Increased Frequency
Nantes 25th Oct £10
Belfast City 25th Oct £8

Ryanair press release 19 August 2009
André
ex Sabena #26567

jan_olieslagers

Re: Ryanair announces 4 new routes from East Midlands Airport

Post by jan_olieslagers »

"The world's favourite airline" bwahahahaha
It is obvious I am not part of the world.

favourite_belgian

Post by favourite_belgian »

jan_olieslagers wrote:"The world's favourite airline" bwahahahaha
It is obvious I am not part of the world.
Indeed.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It's not MY text. I only copy the company's press releases...
André
ex Sabena #26567

favourite_belgian

Post by favourite_belgian »

sn26567 wrote:It's not MY text. I only copy the company's press releases...
I know. It says so at the bottom: "Ryan Air press release". The comment wasn't directed at you personally. It's just a stupid thing for them to put in their press release. They over rate themselves. They don't even fly all over the bloody world.
I have never flown Ryan Air and I have no intention of ever flying them. However, that does not mean I have a problem with people who do choose to fly them.