Iran Air drop some cities

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

globetrotter

Iran Air drop some cities

Post by globetrotter »

It seems like they are out of Moscow, Jeddah, Dammam, Bahrain, Bangkok and Tokyo, no flights appearing in IR schedules, SVO is codeshared with Aeroflot, the rest are interline, JED is hajj only now. But they continue to maintain all EU routes.

IR800

Re: Iran Air drop some cities

Post by IR800 »

Partially correct.
Jeddah has always been for Hajj only. It appeared in previous schedules as a regular weekly flight, but actually was never operated.
All flights from Iran to Bahrain (including Gulf Air) has been stopped by Bahraini government due to political issues since a while.
Bangkok and Tokyo are just rumors, not confirmed officially yet.
Moscow and Dammam are not going to be stopped too.

Here is the Winter 2011-12 schedule:
http://www.iranair.com/Portals/_Rainbow ... SEP11).pdf

jimyvr

Post by jimyvr »

globetrotter is correct.

All the cities mentioned has been confirmed cancelled. IR's PDF schedule was published in Sep 2011, which is not the final version for W11.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Another interesting development : Iran allows QR to operate domestic flights. More info in article below.
I suspect that Iran has great difficulty in buying spare parts for the maintenance of Iran Air aircraft.

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/q ... s-1.921005
In favor of quality air travel.

IR800

Post by IR800 »

jimyvr wrote:globetrotter is correct.

All the cities mentioned has been confirmed cancelled. IR's PDF schedule was published in Sep 2011, which is not the final version for W11.
Any source?
I am almost sure about what I mentioned.

Air Key West wrote:Another interesting development : Iran allows QR to operate domestic flights. More info in article below.
I suspect that Iran has great difficulty in buying spare parts for the maintenance of Iran Air aircraft.

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/q ... s-1.921005
That's just a rumor too. And I believe it will never happen, since Iranian rules does not recognize 5th right (or 9th right) to any foreign carrier, unless operated under an Iranian callsign.

Note this email from Qatar Airways:
Dear All,

You are kindly requested NOT to entertain any phone calls regarding “Qatar Airways operating domestic flights in Iran”. This issue is denied from top management and any information you might have has to be kept in the company.

Best Regards,

Azin ABRAHIMIAN
Executive Secretary

regi

Post by regi »

IR800 wrote:
jimyvr wrote: Note this email from Qatar Airways:
Dear All,

You are kindly requested NOT to entertain any phone calls regarding “Qatar Airways operating domestic flights in Iran”. This issue is denied from top management and any information you might have has to be kept in the company.

Best Regards,

Azin ABRAHIMIAN
Executive Secretary
I suppose Luchtzak is scared like hell for legal procedures now. :)
Btw: who would be so insane to phone to Iran and spending money on such a phonecall?
Seriously: it reads as one of the countless underground "green movement" actions to undermine the re-elected government.

jimyvr

Post by jimyvr »

IR800 wrote:
jimyvr wrote:globetrotter is correct.

Any source?
I am almost sure about what I mentioned.
Those flights has been removed from the reservation system and no longer taking reservations.