U-turn?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

taz001

U-turn?

Post by taz001 »

Dear fellow enthousiasts :-)
Around noon, I saw some contrails (I think :roll: ) in the air. It seems like an aircraft made a U-turn (did the pilot realized he forgot something and turned around to get it? :D ). The picture has been taken in Haacht using my cell phone. And to give an idea of the location: BRU airport is further to the right.
Two questions:
- Could this have been an aircraft doing a U-turn?
- If so, what could have been the reason?

Thanks,
Taz
U-turn.jpg

capetown

Re: U-turn?

Post by capetown »

Great you post this question so I don't have to do it anymore ;) ! I was driving on the Brussels Ringroad (from Jette towards Zaventem), somewhere between 1130 and 1200, and witnessed this plane actually making this very short u-turn. I was thinking of a military jet (couldn't see whether it had one or two contrails) , because the curve was really very sharp and it all happened at quite a spectacular speed so pulling in quite some G's there ... curious to learn whether anyone knows about this..?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Indeed noticed and saw the plane also,it did the U turn and then again, after this it went steep up ,no clouds/contrails anymore and then 3 minutes later a sonic boom, so guess it was military...
BTW : Noticed it in Lommel, U from the other side/different way then showed on pic ;)
CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

I also saw this contrail from Abelag :?:

Gladko

Post by Gladko »

I also saw this when i was in Kontich at exactly 12:00 o'clock (south-southeast from Kontich). I'm also curious...

Greetings.

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

two U-turns?
Seems like a holding...

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

I also saw this yesterday, but holding at such a high altitude does not seem like a valid explanation...

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

U-FO ?