Yellow plastic planes..

Looking for a specific safety-card, an aviation magazine or a special aircraft model? Want to sell your stuff? Like to exchange with other members? This is the place for all your aviation hobby-related questions and answers!
Oansis

Yellow plastic planes..

Post by Oansis »

Hello everyone!

I have some plastic planes, and wherever I place them, they become yellow.. does anyone know a sollution for this? Or does someone know what to do so I can get them +/- white again? I know this is not a website about cleaning, but because most of the planespotters have some scale models I just hope someone know a sollution!

Thanks!

Devon Rex

Re: Yellow plastic planes..

Post by Devon Rex »

Are they in direct sunlight?

Oansis

Post by Oansis »

Wherever I place them, out of the sun or into the sun.. it doesn't make any difference

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

Oansis wrote:Wherever I place them, out of the sun or into the sun.. it doesn't make any difference
Do people smoke in the room, or an open fireplace or something? I think it is like the old personal computers IBM clones, the plastic on it always went yellow too. I don't think a chemical solution is out there, because the color goes down the core of the plastic, purely speculating; what might help is like with whitening teeth, you'll need a UV light or something.. Now that I think of it, try bit of toothpaste, let it dry in a bit, and see if it gives a white (less yellow) spot.

Oansis

Post by Oansis »

I just found something on the internet:

first you put lemonjuice on it, then wait a few minutes. Then wash it off with water and vinegar..

I'll try it with the most ugly plane I have ( DIFFICULT CHOICE!!!) and let you know ;)