Swiss LX 2807 Geneva to Zürich - Boeing 777-300ER - Flight Report

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
TheFlyingSultan

Swiss LX 2807 Geneva to Zürich - Boeing 777-300ER - Flight Report

Post by TheFlyingSultan »

Hi all,

I also flew the new Swiss flagship lately, in economy class. Here's my story.

TheFlyingSultan

sn26567

Re: Swiss LX 2807 Geneva to Zürich - Boeing 777-300ER - Flight Report

Post by sn26567 »

Superb report , Sultan. But Flagship seems a little overrated with 3-4-3 seating :give me an A330 any time rather than that cramped seat in a triple 7.

I had a similar flight 2 weeks ago but in a Helvetic F100. I am sure I had a better seat, except for the IFE of course. I got the same water and chocolate.

I also hated the spotted windows at GVA. No spotting possible.
André
ex Sabena #26567

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

sn26567 wrote:Superb report , Sultan. But Flagship seems a little overrated with 3-4-3 seating :give me an A330 any time rather than that cramped seat in a triple 7.

I had a similar flight 2 weeks ago but in a Helvetic F100. I am sure I had a better seat, except for the IFE of course. I got the same water and chocolate.

I also hated the spotted windows at GVA. No spotting possible.
had a similar experience on United's 777 , where they also have 2-4-2 in business and 3-4-3 in eco .. Ok it's a WIDE body but still ..
Citybird
The flying dream

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Nice report,nice flight !
Still waiting for the first CS-series flights here :)
Guess the whole european aviation scene will join this event again !

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

TheFlyingSultan

sn26567 wrote:Superb report , Sultan.
Thanks a lot André!
sn26567 wrote:But Flagship seems a little overrated with 3-4-3 seating :give me an A330 any time rather than that cramped seat in a triple 7.
Well, I tend to prefer the Airbus product too over the Boeing one.
sn26567 wrote:I had a similar flight 2 weeks ago but in a Helvetic F100. I am sure I had a better seat, except for the IFE of course. I got the same water and chocolate.
Very consistent service by Swiss then ;)
sn26567 wrote:I also hated the spotted windows at GVA. No spotting possible.
Been there countless times already - still not fond of the airport.
cathay belgium wrote:Hi,

Nice report,nice flight !
Merci Lex.
cathay belgium7 wrote:Still waiting for the first CS-series flights here
Guess the whole european aviation scene will join this event again !
I’m waiting too - just some more patience I guess?

TheFlyingSultan

Everett

Post by Everett »

Hi Sultan,

Nice report!
I made the trip myself last weekend but in the other direction.
Flew to Zurich with Swiss, stayed there on the visitor terrace (a pity in winter only on dock B and not on dock E with longhaul flights) and on Sunday took the 'Faces of Swiss' to Geneva and back to BRU with Brussels Airlines

I definitely follow your experience:
- the interior is very elegant especially in business class (superb product)
- economy seat are narrow due to 3-4-3
- IFE is very good with lots of possibilities for children as well
- crew was ok on this flight, the free bottle of water and chocolate was given with lots of pleasure

some general remarks:
- also only mid-economy was used on the flight but was almost full
- I had twice a wonderfull sight on the Alps as the weather was superb. For the second leg with Brussels Airlines I was lucky because we had to go back almost till Zurich because we had to avoid French airspace due to strikes. the flight took 1u25!

regarding the airports:
- the connector is now ready and used for Pier A and Pier B. I must say I'm proud now to start my trips again out of Brussels
- GVA is outdated and overcrowded in peak periods
- ZRH is beautiful (visitor terrace was visited by lots of families with little children) but you see the difference between old and newer buildings. Airport Center has some nice shops as well on airside beautifull shops

Best regards,
Bart

TheFlyingSultan

Hi Everett, thank you for your extensive comment!
Everett wrote:Hi Sultan,

Nice report!
I made the trip myself last weekend but in the other direction.
Flew to Zurich with Swiss, stayed there on the visitor terrace (a pity in winter only on dock B and not on dock E with longhaul flights) and on Sunday took the 'Faces of Swiss' to Geneva and back to BRU with Brussels Airlines
You talked about this trip on another post right? Good to see you had some nice flights too on the new Swiss plane - she looks splendid and typically Swiss.
Everett wrote:I definitely follow your experience:
- the interior is very elegant especially in business class (superb product)
- economy seat are narrow due to 3-4-3
- IFE is very good with lots of possibilities for children as well
- crew was ok on this flight, the free bottle of water and chocolate was given with lots of pleasure
I echo the first 3 remarks and it's even better to hear your crew was enthusiastic. In contrast to the flight I took on the Finnair A350 in the beginning of its operation, the crew on my Swiss flight was a bit of a letdown and more occupied amongst themselves than with their pax.
Everett wrote:some general remarks:
- also only mid-economy was used on the flight but was almost full
- I had twice a wonderfull sight on the Alps as the weather was superb. For the second leg with Brussels Airlines I was lucky because we had to go back almost till Zurich because we had to avoid French airspace due to strikes. the flight took 1u25!
Unfortunately I had no vision on the Alps - seated on the left hand side - and also the weather was not the best. Lucky you with that extra detour ex-GVA!
Everett wrote:regarding the airports:
- the connector is now ready and used for Pier A and Pier B. I must say I'm proud now to start my trips again out of Brussels
- GVA is outdated and overcrowded in peak periods
- ZRH is beautiful (visitor terrace was visited by lots of families with little children) but you see the difference between old and newer buildings. Airport Center has some nice shops as well on airside beautifull shops
So I heard that pax for non-Schengen use the Connector too now. It'll be a while now until my next set of flights - somewhere around mid-May - to see the new operation in action. I sincerely hope the fast security screening at BRU will remain with those many extra pax coming in. They do really well imho.
I particularly dislike GVA for those windows - there's virtually no decent place to look out of the window :evil:
And ZRH, yeah, great airport but expensive...

Tnx again!

TheFlyingSultan

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TheFlyingSultan wrote:And ZRH, yeah, great airport but expensive...
Exactly the reason why Ryanair doesn't fly there (neither to GVA), according to MOL himself.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Everett

Post by Everett »

Hi Everett, thank you for your extensive comment!
you are welcome ;-)
You talked about this trip on another post right? Good to see you had some nice flights too on the new Swiss plane - she looks splendid and typically Swiss.
Yes indeed. that was when we were both making plans to go for this special ride a few months ago.
I'm glad I did it
Unfortunately I had no vision on the Alps - seated on the left hand side - and also the weather was not the best. Lucky you with that extra detour ex-GVA!
Lucky I was indeed. Although I made a reservation (with e-mail confirmation) on the left side of the aircraft I noticed a week before departure that my seat reseration was no longer in the booking. I made an e-mail and they confirmed the error and gave me a window seat on the other side (36K). Badluck I thought (Alps on the other side) but we had to fly over Geneva and turned back with a beautiful side on the Alps. With Brussels I was on the right side and thanks to the French an unforgettable beautiful panorama I got.
I particularly dislike GVA for those windows - there's virtually no decent place to look out of the window :evil:
And ZRH, yeah, great airport but expensive...
Indeed, in the 80's you had still a panorama terrace for visitors now no even a view for passengers. And expensive indeed but like mentioned already I wouldn't miss it for the world :-)

Till the next plan!

Bart