Korongo Airlines: THE END

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Shanti

Korongo Airlines: THE END

Post by Shanti »

When will start 'korongo' airlines ?
Thanks for the information.

Bralo20

Re: korongo airlines

Post by Bralo20 »

When they receive a AOC from the Congolese civil aviation authority... The company has been founded in Lubumbashi, a location is available and they have selected planes... The AOC is the thing they're waiting for ;)

Probably after the summer or so they'll start ops.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

They are indeed waiting for their AOC, their request for that is send a few weeks (I think) ago. From the moment they have the AOC they have permission to start selling tickets. There goal is to start flying after the summer. At least they want to launch before the end of this year, because of the 50 year independence of the DRC this year.

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

thanks for the answers

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

I've just found this website (someone placed it on wikipedia, but it's already removed): "http://www.korongoair.com/". Currently it's a bit empty, but will this site become the official website for Korongo? And that Facebook page, is that an official page or just made by some "Korongo- fans"?

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

They should start before year's end, but that's not guaranteed.

Megaman

Post by Megaman »

Looks terribly amature if you ask me. I tried Flykorongo.com and nada. Nothing astonishing as I believe Korongo is just a project name right?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Megaman wrote:Looks terribly amature if you ask me. I tried Flykorongo.com and nada. Nothing astonishing as I believe Korongo is just a project name right?
Well I tought the same, but it seems the real name of the airline will be Korongo.
About the website, it looks amature indeed, but if this will become the official website, it's just a beginning. The website at this stage isn't mentionned to attract people.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

The name of the airline is going to be Korongo Airlines indeed.

I don't know if this link is the placeholder for the future website of the airline or not.
However, the French on the facebook page needs some work still, although the page is friended by some interesting people. ;-)

What I do know is that the livery is already decided upon, as I've seen PR material for Korongo at work.

Don't ask me to post a picture here, I won't, yet I can try to describe the livery I've seen: it's going to be a white fuselage with a darkblue tail (the blue will be running accross the rear portion of the fuselage too) and it will feature an oversized white crane bird with red Korongo titles on the front fuselage, titles which are accompanied by a smaller logo repeat....

I wonder why the livery hasn't been made public yet, because it definitely looks good!
Much better than Air DC's with a striking similarity to SN, yet without being a simple modification of it.

Personally, I think the reluctance to release the Korongo livery has to do with the fact SN wants to keep as low profile as possible, for as long as possible, so having artistic renderings of the new airline out is not deemed suitable at present. To bad...

fcw

Post by fcw »

Who is going to fly these birds?
BruAir is insisting on safety, but high standard pilots are very expensive in Africa.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

The Wall Street Journal (Germany) has an article about Korongo online:

http://www.wallstreet-online.de/nachric ... frika.html

It's almost a copy of on an earlier publication in WirtschaftsWoche:

http://www.wiwo.de/unternehmen-maerkte/ ... ika-435114

sn26567

Re: Korongo Airlines

Post by sn26567 »

Now that Korongo gets a strong endorsement from Lufthansa it will probably have a better chance of being launched successfully than airDC.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Explorer Airways

Post by Explorer Airways »

What for planes do they have?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Explorer Airways wrote:What for planes do they have?
1 Boeing 737-300: this one is still flying for SN with registration OO-LTM (it's the only 737 owned by SN, the others are leased), and 2 BAe 164-200's: these two are owned by SN, but stored at BRU, they were planned for AirDC but will now go to Korongo.

Gate-A1

Post by Gate-A1 »

MR_Boeing wrote:I've just found this website (someone placed it on wikipedia, but it's already removed): "http://www.korongoair.com/". Currently it's a bit empty, but will this site become the official website for Korongo? And that Facebook page, is that an official page or just made by some "Korongo- fans"?
Not according to the Whois (data about the registrant of the domain name)

http://who.is/whois/korongoair.com/

The registrant is not the company but a person living in Germany.
Was created on July 12, 2010. This men tries to make money from this domain name.

Korongo.com and Korongo.net are already registered and are held by domain sellers.

flykorongoair.com, korongoairline.com, korongo-airline.com, korongoair.com are free. If Korongo is realy the name of the company they need to hurry up to register these domain names.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Thanks for the information. ;)

LJ

Post by LJ »

Gate-A1 wrote: flykorongoair.com, korongoairline.com, korongo-airline.com, korongoair.com are free. If Korongo is realy the name of the company they need to hurry up to register these domain names.
Indicating that "Korongo" is not the name of the new airline. Though some may think the SN management consists of dummies only, they are consulted by LH, who I regard smart enough to claim any domain name containing the name of the new venture.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

The airline is in a final straight line to launch now, with both cabin and cockpit recrutement as well as maintenance base organisation fully underway internally at SN: the aim is to start with 1 733w between Kinshasa, Lubumbashi and Jo`burg and soon after start domestic and regional flying with the 2 Bae146 from Lubumbashi to different places in the Shaba province as well as neighbouring countries...

According to the airline`s information brochure which all interested crews received recently, infrastructure is now being built at Lubumbashi, like a hangar, HQ and crew housing in preparation of the launch and the starting date is now set for early 2011, while the company`s brand has been unveiled to staff internally in the leaflet.

Just as I had told you, the airline is indeed going to be called Korongo Airlines and its livery is going to look just as described before.... Looks really nice! Full steam ahead, I shoud say. 8-)
Last edited by tolipanebas on 19 Aug 2010, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

tolipanebas wrote:
According to the airline`s information brochure which all interested crews received recently, infrastructure is now being built at Lumumbashi, like a hangar, HQ and crew housing in preparation of the launch and the starting date is now set for early 2011, while the company`s brand has been unveiled to staff internally in the leaflet.
So I assume it will be something like March/April 2011, as SN said (at the start of their new AFI routes) that they wouldn't start in the middle of the winter because of the lower demand during that period. They said they would start before the winter or after the winter, so it seems to become after the winter.

Any idea about frequency to FIH and JNB? And wich routes would be operated by the BAe's and when they would start (summer 2011, winter '11/'12, summer '12...)?

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

MR_Boeing wrote:I assume it will be something like March/April 2011, as SN said (at the start of their new AFI routes) that they wouldn't start in the middle of the winter because of the lower demand during that period. They said they would start before the winter or after the winter, so it seems to become after the winter.
Mind you, that was for flights from EU to AFI, not for domestic flying.
The aim is to start as soon as possible when all infrastructure is in place and meets the BCAA standards, so this could be March 2011, or a bit sooner.

It is important to get it 100 percent right, because Korongo Airlines is going to rely completely on SN to provide the crews and planes under an ACMI lease deal, so ALL operations are going to be conducted under SN`s Beglian AOC and to JAR standards fully supervised by the BCAA (with local inspections and stuff), with Korongo being the commercial partner, so they can not risk cutting any edges really as this would have repercussions for SN`s very own AOC then.