sn brussels airplane in trouble

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ups 747

sn brussels airplane in trouble

Post by ups 747 »

what happened with the sn brussels airplaine this afternoon between 1230 and 1300.
i suppose it was an a330 and when i looked through the window at my work i saw it comming and stopped very far at the end of runway 25 r,than he made a left turn and waited???
in the meanwhile or short after the landing the plaine was surrounded by several fire engine trucks - at least 5 of them and lots of security vehicels-then the plaine was towed away to the gates i suppose??
who also saw it happen and what was the problem?????

ups 747

Re: sn brussels airplaine in troubles

Post by ups 747 »

see topic 25/08/2010 for the possible answer but not confirmed by anyone
Last edited by sn26567 on 25 Aug 2010, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added link

airtrotter

Post by airtrotter »

the nose gear hold didn't close after retracting the nose gear, this due to an oil leak and loss of hydraulic pressure.

ups 747

Re: sn brussels airplane in trouble

Post by ups 747 »

thanks very much.till next time

regi

Post by regi »

airtrotter wrote:the nose gear hold didn't close after retracting the nose gear, this due to an oil leak and loss of hydraulic pressure.
I referred already several times to the importance of some very simple , small items such as seals, nuts and bolts.
Problem with seals is that you can not test them before hand. You can test the device to see if oil leaks out of it, but just after assembly.

dsa330

Post by dsa330 »

regi wrote:
airtrotter wrote:the nose gear hold didn't close after retracting the nose gear, this due to an oil leak and loss of hydraulic pressure.
I referred already several times to the importance of some very simple , small items such as seals, nuts and bolts.
Problem with seals is that you can not test them before hand. You can test the device to see if oil leaks out of it, but just after assembly.
i agree, every seal is verry important :) i made a mistake of forgetting one once, and i was lucky, verry lucky :D