AviaPartner on strike

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ups 747

AviaPartner on strike

Post by ups 747 »

according to reliable info they went on a strike a few minutes ago.
some one knows why?
reason not know
talking about the cargo handling , pax luggage handling too?

grtz
luc

flightlover

Re: avia partners on strike

Post by flightlover »

Dont know if they are; but I'll see it in about 1 hour. Need to go to work soon (if we work that is ;) )

I can imagine why though. These days there is constant under staffing @ APcargo. Loads of extra's to be done. Loads of interim workers (even permanent). Working with half the team there should be. People doing jobs they are not (completely) qualified to do. All in the sake of making the extra buck for management and shareholders.

And yes they are training some new staff. But they work with a six month contract and, hey, that's about the time they need to get usefull (depending on the job that is). Maybe they get a permanent contract afterwords?? Who knows, although it could have been a permanent contract with a six month trial period then.

zteven

Re: avia partners on strike

Post by zteven »

It's true.

So far only cargo though.

Greetz,

Steven

flightlover

Re: AviaPartner on strike

Post by flightlover »

The strike lastet for about 2 hours if I heard it wright. This night it was just business as usual for the workers. Some syndicate people seen so I think they where talking.

regi

Re: AviaPartner on strike

Post by regi »

off-topic:
we have never heard about strikes in communist countries. Union members from the ( extreme ) left side should think about that before they complain about "too much work".
It is a major contradiction with the unions: they refer to the right to strike, while ideoligicaly they are based on the right to work. To strike means not working. Right?

I still hear the song " Ik wil werk, werk, werk, ik heb 2 handen, ik voel me sterk "