BRU Summer 2007: what to expect - new routes, frequencies

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

I really hope to see Singapore Airlines and Thai Airways back in BRU in the next 5 years !!! :D

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Established02 wrote:
Brubiac wrote:
Atlantis wrote:do you know which airline will fly the new Chinese destinations mentioned in the new timetable?
I'm just guessing now, but it could be China Airlines (Dynasty). Some time ago, 1-2 years, I heard something about them. But they never showed up, maybe now.
As you know, China Airlines is based in Taiwan, ROC.
Already for decades they've been flying cargo flights from TPE to AMS/ARN/LUX/PRG/MAN/FRA...

Apart from HKG, CI has currently no scheduled pax or cargo flights from Taiwan into mainland China.

Considering the political tension between ROC and PRC, I would think it is rather unlikely that a Taiwanese carrier would operate ROC-PRC-EUROPE cargo flights through Macau, Nanjing and Xiamen.
The only thing we can do is wait and see wich airline this will fly.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Established02 wrote:Considering the political tension between ROC and PRC, I would think it is rather unlikely that a Taiwanese carrier would operate ROC-PRC-EUROPE cargo flights through Macau, Nanjing and Xiamen.
I noticed that today's KE6539 operated ICN-CHENGDU (China)-DEL-BRU.

Below you can find more comments about this new twice weekly service, which is actually just a modified schedule on the existing ICN-BRU flights by Korean Air.

http://cargo.koreanair.com/ecus/fpg/ser ... &seqNo=403

Chengdu is now also mentioned on the BIAC cargo timetables, however without mentioning the operating carrier. Therefore I assume that also Macau, Nanjing and Xiamen will be operated by Korean Air (or Asiana perhaps?).

http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/brucar ... pression=C

Korean Air already operates services to a dozen destinations in China (including Xiamen). :shock:

Geographically and economically speaking, I guess it could make a lot of sense for a Korean carrier to operate Korea-China-Europe.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

If I'm not mistaken, Chengdu is not a new destination for Brucargo but a seasonal destination.

There are more destinations in the timetable with no mentioning of a carrier like f.e. Houston.

We have to wait and see which carrier will fly those three new Chinese destinations because the current Asian Cargo carriers at Brucargo didn't mention on their sites that they will fly to/from those destinations to/from BRU.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

bruworld wrote:someone knows anything about a link MIA-BRU? with aa or dl?
Sorry I never heard this but I have read in October 2006 that Boston-Logan is working for more intercontinental flights includind Brussels.

American Airlines or Delta Air Lines could operate the BOS-BRU route. :)

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

babolat-blast wrote:Any information already about the Abu Dhabi - Brussels - Toronto route?
Etihad Airways will stop the Brussels-Toronto section on 2nd June 2007.
The Abu Dhabi-Brussels route will be flow on Monday, Wednesday and on Friday.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

OrientThai wrote:
I don't expect to see QR at BRU in 2007 but it seems that they want to offer more European cities then the one in Eastern and one in Northern Europe.
The next two European destinations seem to be Warsaw and Stockholm.
But could BRU really support these new flights? After all we already have Etihad, which will focus on the Belgian market when they will axe the BRU-YYZ leg this summer.
No, Etihad will end the Brussels-Toronto route in June.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

lumumba wrote:Hi everybody.
On A.net they say that Qatar Cargo will Start to fly to Brussels 2 times a week.
Will be Brussels the next European destination for pax?
Regards
Pat
The Qatari government made an official visit in Brussels in November 2006 and it was said that a direct Doha-Brussels route will be launched soon by Qatar Airways.

Does someone has more information about this?

Regards,

Mathieu

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Atlantis wrote:@Spotter 1102,

Would you please put the info in one single post instead of 20. All the info you gave was still communicated in this topic or other topics.
Ok :oops:

itami

Post by itami »

Established02 wrote:
Established02 wrote: Geographically and economically speaking, I guess it could make a lot of sense for a Korean carrier to operate Korea-China-Europe.
Then it might be NCA (Nippon Cargo Airlines) as well ! :idea:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I saw in the new timetable: Pula (Croatia) only served by a Martinair charter. Is this a real new destination at Brussels Airport served by a foreign charter company? Then they would use an A320.

Someone more info about this?

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Atlantis wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, Chengdu is not a new destination for Brucargo but a seasonal destination.
I've never ever in the past 5 or 7 years seen Chendu beiing mentioned in the Brucargo timetable :s I've always checked it every time the new schedule for the next half year is introduced and I never saw chengdu with the destinations :s Maybe it do is China Eastern Cargo this time? Like they use to earlier in the year 90's?

Best regards: Yannick ;)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Bruspotter wrote:I've never ever in the past 5 or 7 years seen Chendu beiing mentioned in the Brucargo timetable :s I've always checked it every time the new schedule for the next half year is introduced and I never saw chengdu with the destinations :s Maybe it do is China Eastern Cargo this time? Like they use to earlier in the year 90's?

Best regards: Yannick ;)
Chendu is served by Korean Air Cargo

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The inaugural flight of Albanian Airlines is postponed till 01.05.
It's already changed on the Brussels Airport site.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Kaliningradavia will offer 3x a week flights between KGD - BRU - KGD with 737
Monday-Thursday-Saturday.

STA: 1355 LT
STD: 1605 LT

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

The inaugural flight of Albanian Airlines is postponed till 29.06

pijaleu

Post by pijaleu »

Brubiac wrote:Kaliningradavia will offer 3x a week flights between KGD - BRU - KGD with 737

Well, if this is true (what's your source?) that's again good news.
I noticed they are starting new routes, including Amsterdam, and was hoping to see them in BRU too.
And apparently I don't have to wait a long time for my dream come true.
But why will the plain stay for more than 2 hours before flying back? It's just a 737...

pijaleu

Post by pijaleu »

pijaleu wrote:
Brubiac wrote:Kaliningradavia will offer 3x a week flights between KGD - BRU - KGD with 737

Well, if this is true (what's your source?) that's again good news.
I noticed they are starting new routes, including Amsterdam, and was hoping to see them in BRU too.
And apparently I don't have to wait a long time for my dream come true.
But why will the plain stay for more than 2 hours before flying back? It's just a 737...
:arrow: On the "old style (due to strike?)" website of Brussels Airport it is confirmed. Starting on 16/06 flight KD721-2 on Mon-Thu-Sat, operated by 733. NICE!!

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

June will become a busy month of new airlines at Brussels Airport: Northwest, US Airways, Kaliningradavia, Albanian Airlines and Easyjet.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

So Jet Airways will start this summer and guess who will codeshare ? :wink:

Indeed Brussels Airlines!

Source: Travel magazine
Best regards,

Airbuske