Axis Lines to BRU ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

spotter1102

Axis Lines to BRU ?

Post by spotter1102 »

In October 2006, I saw on the Axis Lines International website that they will launch 3 flights a week between Douala and Brussels. But the website is under construction since mid-December.
They said that a Boeing 767-200ER will be used on the route.

Has someone any further information, please?

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

After months of "absence", the Axis Lines International website is back ! http://www.axis-lines.com

Flights to Yaoundé, Garoua, Maroua, Abidjan, Lagos, Kinshasa, Libreville, Cotonou and Brussels will finally start in May 2007.

:D

pijaleu

Post by pijaleu »

spotter1102 wrote:After months of "absence", the Axis Lines International website is back ! http://www.axis-lines.com

Flights to Yaoundé, Garoua, Maroua, Abidjan, Lagos, Kinshasa, Libreville, Cotonou and Brussels will finally start in May 2007.

Just checked this website, but I guess it's still for 80% under construction.
Couldn't do anything on the site. Nothing's working :cry:
Any idea when the first flight to BRU will start?
Is there any other info on this airline?

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

pijaleu wrote:
spotter1102 wrote:After months of "absence", the Axis Lines International website is back ! http://www.axis-lines.com

Just checked this website, but I guess it's still for 80% under construction.
Couldn't do anything on the site. Nothing's working :cry:
Any idea when the first flight to BRU will start?
Is there any other info on this airline?
They only say from May 2007 but they could initially start on 5 December 2006.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

That rumour is going on for more then a year, I think. We had started a similar topic about Axis lines.

But till today they have no single aircraft, no IATA, no ICAO code.

I have my doubts that they can start in May, that's within a few weeks.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Atlantis wrote:That rumour is going on for more then a year, I think. We had started a similar topic about Axis lines.

Maybe they have already a IATA and a ICAO code but they probably wait May to reveal it ? And they expect the delivery of their first plane in May too ?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

spotter1102 wrote:
Atlantis wrote:That rumour is going on for more then a year, I think. We had started a similar topic about Axis lines.

Maybe they have already a IATA and a ICAO code but they probably wait May to reveal it ? And they expect the delivery of their first plane in May too ?
I think that you are still very young and a little bit naif. Don't count on it that they will start soon.

I have checked some sources and till now, 19h31, no IATA or ICAO. Also till today no aircrafts for this "airline". My second source gave no single B762 with a new registration for this airline.

Why would they wait till May to reveal their code? They have no clients, no aircrafts.

Last year I had contact with the "representatives" of this "airline". They confirmed to me that there was no future for this airline.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Atlantis wrote:
spotter1102 wrote:

I think that you are still very young and a little bit naif. Don't count on it that they will start soon.

I have checked some sources and till now, 19h31, no IATA or ICAO. Also till today no aircrafts for this "airline". My second source gave no single B762 with a new registration for this airline.

Why would they wait till May to reveal their code? They have no clients, no aircrafts.

Last year I had contact with the "representatives" of this "airline". They confirmed to me that there was no future for this airline.
OK :)

P.S. : I am 19 ! :wink: