New seats (or seat covers) in the bru airlines avrojet / bae

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
eurofighter

New seats (or seat covers) in the bru airlines avrojet / bae

Post by eurofighter »

Today I flew back from THF to Brussels and was positively suprised by the smell of fresh new leather. While the rest of the inside of the plane shows its age the seats were new (or at least the seat covers were changed with new leather covers). It was very nice to sit in these new seats.

Sorry, forgot to id the plane. :)

Is Brussels Airlines extending the lifetime of (some of the) Avrojets

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Are you sure they were new LEATHER covers ? I flew back in an Avrojet with new seat covers. I asked myself if they were leather or synthetic material (lloked more like something synthetic, not leather, to me).
In favor of quality air travel.

eurofighter

Post by eurofighter »

Air Key West wrote:Are you sure they were new LEATHER covers ? I flew back in an Avrojet with new seat covers. I asked myself if they were leather or synthetic material (lloked more like something synthetic, not leather, to me).
Maybe they make them scent like leather :wink: but is it like you write synthetic material.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I hate airline seats made of synthetic material. Why did the not opt for a good textile cover if leather is too expensive ? Synthetic is easyer to clean. Seems everything in the plane is getting cheaper at b.air.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Air Key West wrote:I hate airline seats made of synthetic material. Why did the not opt for a good textile cover if leather is too expensive ?
Most textiles are also synthetic these days...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Johan23

Post by Johan23 »

In the end you can always find something negative. I wonder if it keeps you awake at night cause this is getting quite annoying.

Now lets discuss the colour of the cups...

Cheers

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

If you find this "annoying", why are you reading it ? Nobody forces you.

It's true most textiles today are also synthetic or a combination of synthetic and natural fibres, but this is still better than sitting on some kind of "plastic".
Last edited by Air Key West on 24 Aug 2007, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Air Key West wrote:I hate airline seats made of synthetic material. Why did the not opt for a good textile cover if leather is too expensive ? Synthetic is easyer to clean. Seems everything in the plane is getting cheaper at b.air.
Whay always be so negative about brussels airlines?? If they hadn't changed anything to the seats I bet you would have been among the first members to tell us how worn out and bad those seats are.. Now that they are changing the covers you complain because it's not real leather !!! :roll:

Who cares if it's real leather or not !! As long as the seats are comfortable.

Chris

Avro

Post by Avro »

I still have 2 SN flights planned in the cming weeks and hope to be able to test those new seats in order to see how they look like ;-)

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

If you read my posts carefully, you will see that I never asked that worn out leather seats would be replaced by new leather seats. Flying many different airlines, I can compare. The textile covers on AF seats (which by definition are not "leather") are definitely better than the new "plastic" covers on b.air.
I'm negative about b.air because I only notice negative things (whereas at snba I experienced many positive things). I'm not going to say I like something if I don't. Isn't this forum meant to let people freely (but politely) express their views ?

Johan23

Post by Johan23 »

Why do you still fly with Bru Air, it must make you unhappy. I wonder what will be your next thing... Looking forward to read it.

Cheers

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I have already moved a substantial part of my travelling to the competition. I still only fly b.air if I can get a cheap ticket (since they are presenting themselves as a cheap airline, what else can they expect ?)

Avro

Post by Avro »

Air Key West wrote:If you read my posts carefully, you will see that I never asked that worn out leather seats would be replaced by new leather seats.
And if you read my post carefully yu'll see that I never said that ;-)

I'm negative about b.air because I only notice negative things (whereas at snba I experienced many positive things). I'm not going to say I like something if I don't. Isn't this forum meant to let people freely (but politely) express their views ?
Of course this forum is meant to exchange opinions and of course you are entitled to your opinion. I was just expressing the fact that from your 93 posts on Luchtzak the vast majority of them are posts criticising brussels airlines that's all.
I still only fly b.air if I can get a cheap ticket (since they are presenting themselves as a cheap airline, what else can they expect ?)
Ha ha so you fly b.air when it's cheap.. Why expect having luxurious planes if you pay peanuts for your flight ? b.air is now a LCC carrier and should be compared as such with other airlines..

Anyway let's get back on topic ;-)

Chris

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

First of all: the new covers are far from cheap and feel really comfortable.

Second: leather is killing animals, I'd wish no leather would be used anymore for anything. Or would you like to sit on a dead man's skin maybe?

Third: Textile covers are (in my opinion) not so comfortable and espeially difficult to clean (chewing gum etc...)

IMO, the new covers look quite good and a bit classy.
I'm in love with my lust, burning angelwings to dust, I wish I had your angel tonight...
www.myrre.be

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Off topic but replying to previous post. B.Air is not an LCC because :
- LCCs operate (not exclusively) but mainly from and to secundary airport;
- LCCs often get local and regional subsidies (which b.air does not get) ;
- LCCs don't offer two classes of services on the ground and in the air ;
- LCC's don't have intercontinental flights connecting with their regional network ;
- LCCs don't have code share flights (including with prestigious international carries) :
LCC's don't let you make a through check in if you have two consecutive flights with them.
So, b.air is not an LCC.
And consequently, they should not install "plastic" seat covers as LCCs do (to get back to the topic). A textile cover with a pleasant feel would have been so much better. The thing is, the new covers are the same color as the old leather seats and at first glance you hardly notice the difference. But when you have been sitting on them for a while, you suddenly start to fell the difference (at least I do).
Last edited by Air Key West on 24 Aug 2007, 12:19, edited 2 times in total.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

To Cartman : as gentlemen, shall we agree to disagree ?

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Johan23 wrote:In the end you can always find something negative. I wonder if it keeps you awake at night cause this is getting quite annoying.

Now lets discuss the colour of the cups...

Cheers
Actually, there are no more cups...even in b.flex ! coffee is served in a paper cup and the meal is served in a carton box which is worth more than the actual meal (15gr of chicken and 7 tortellini). I don't mind talking about the box since it is the most expensive part of what is offered to the passenger in b.flex - different colors, a message printed, and all kinds of cuts to close the box - which makes it very expensive...and total waste since the box is certainly not re used !
Thank you for reminding me that now I have to drink my Cheapo Wine Savignon Blanc is a platic cup...with the pH of this cheapo grapefruit juice and the plastic....time to come back to real glass and real cups.

Johan23

Post by Johan23 »

and silver cuttlery

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

To Cartman again : I have never liked leather seats on any airline (even if it does not make me feel like sitting on a dead animal's skin, which it actually is, I have never understood why airlines would invest in expensive leather seats. I don't find them particularly comfortable, but that's only my personal opinion. I'am all in favor of good quality textile cover seats. I thought I would be entitled to express my opinion, here.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

To Johan23 : ducatibiker is not asking for silver cutlery just as he is not asking for cristal glasses. Unlike you, there still are some people who like to travel in style (and pay for it), just like other people will only drive expensive cars, but want air travel to be the cheapest possible. In terms of passenger comfort and service there is a limit some of us are not really prepared to cross.