tnt and aa at Brussels Airport ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ups 747

tnt and aa at Brussels Airport ?

Post by ups 747 »

hi folks

did anyone of you saw an almost crash ,or how do you call that when 2 planes are almost at the same time at the same runway, at brussels airport about the time of 0825 this morning with a tnt cargo and an incoming AA on 02 right????????????????

sdbelgium

Re: tnt and aa at Brussels Airport ?

Post by sdbelgium »

ups 747 wrote:on 02 right
There is only on RWY02. The others are 25L/7R and vice versa...

JM

Post by JM »

very short separation, can happen, not a first time, especially on 02... ( 02 Right doesn't exist though ) Or weren't they on 07L and R today ?

Grtz,
JM

ups 747

Post by ups 747 »

sorry guys it was 07 R for landing today

ups 747

Post by ups 747 »

i'm just telling you what i saw and that is that the aa plaine came in with its landing gear out and pulled it up again before making a larg left turn direction diegem when it spotted the tnt or was he told to do so.
grtz
luc

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Just a normal go around procedure. Far from a crash, nothing to worry about

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Brubiac wrote:Just a normal go around procedure. Far from a crash, nothing to worry about

Indeed, saw the AA going around (on 07L). Nice to see and hear, but I doubt the pax think the same :)

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

I saw a similar 'incident' with a landing TNT B737 and the El Al 767 a few weeks ago. The LY proceeded on the runway while the TNT was landing, although no gears down so imagine the distance. The TNT pulled up again and turned over Brucargo and did a go-around.

Although this is far from an accident, it is not normal of course. Whose 'fault' is it? I suppose the tower since no aircraft (in this case the LY) would proceed to the runway without clearance and the landing clearance for the other plane (in this case TNT) is given already long before. So I assume it is a flaw from the tower?

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

A major disaster is just a matter of time at BRU.

It is quite unbelievable how often take-off and landing directions and procedures change.
change.
All this thanks to the incompetence of our politicians.

We can be happy that only Airlines with good safety records,high standards and good pilots ..fly to BRU.

The human factor is very important, even in a highly automated business as aviation.
And humans make mistakes.

Most accidents (train, road,..) are due a combination of conditions: confusion, wheather, rush, hustle...and human weaknesses.

The incidents mentioned here are very serious.

Any pilot's comment ??

pijaleu

Post by pijaleu »

Hi JOVAN,

I hope you are wrong that accidents will happen in BRU.
What you say about changing runways is correct and I hope the finally decide to use runways the safest way and not the way they can win most votes at the elections.
If more airlines would come to BRU (economical growth or now SN joines Star) it becomes more and more urgent.

I have no clue how many go arounds there are elsewhere, e.g. LHR or FRA.

Regards,
Pijaleu