Live air traffic above BE

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

continental060

Re: Live air traffic above BE

Post by continental060 »

[[off-topic grumbling]]
Continental060,
You will much oblige me by taking more care of spelling. Neither "to sie" nor "to desend" are verbs in the Oxford dictionary - and we ARE requested to use English on these pages... };-)
TIA,
namesake.
sorry, but i'm only 11 years old. So sometimes it is hard to write in english :(

karel
~Karel

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

:wtf:

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

continental060 wrote:
[[off-topic grumbling]]
Continental060,
You will much oblige me by taking more care of spelling. Neither "to sie" nor "to desend" are verbs in the Oxford dictionary - and we ARE requested to use English on these pages... };-)
TIA,
namesake.
sorry, but i'm only 11 years old. So sometimes it is hard to write in english :(

karel
Of course it is hard. Even writing one's own language isn't easy, much less any other. And of course we all make mistakes. Just promise you'll do your awful utmost best, and I'll be smiling over your shoulder... And, do you know, age matters little. I won't mention any names, but I've seen worse English than yours on these pages, from people that might be your dad or even your granddad.
Remember no one requires perfection - a good landing is one you can walk away from, a perfect landing is when the airplane can be used again... };-)

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

continental060 wrote:

karel
Wow, your English is actually pretty good for an 11-year old... One hint maybe: use Firefox... It has an English dictionary and will correct your spelling... This way you avoid making mistakes and you'll learn from it.

I use Internet Explorer now but used to use Firefox and back then my English was superb ;)

continental060

Post by continental060 »

Just promise you'll do your awful utmost best, and I'll be smiling over your shoulder.
yes, I will do my very best :D . I will ask my dad for the perfection
thanks a lot everybody who helped me.

karel
~Karel

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Well well, that is a nice smile to top off fine language. Judging by your writing you are indeed remarkably ahead of your age, young namesake. Broad skies are waiting for you, go for them!

BATAVIA

Post by BATAVIA »

Hey guys,

Thanks for the great link.
Amazing.
Just witnessed the EK A380 overflying my head at FL380.

Does anyone know at what Eurocontrol frequency they are in contact with ATC, when they overfly Brussels?

regards,

Propwash

Post by Propwash »

BATAVIA wrote: Does anyone know at what Eurocontrol frequency they are in contact with ATC, when they overfly Brussels?
120,915 MAASTRICHT EUROCONTROL NICKY
132,750 MAASTRICHT EUROCONTROL NICKY / KOKSY HIGH

132,200 MAASTRICHT EUROCONTROL B WEST
132,750 MAASTRICHT EUROCONTROL B WEST HIGH

Note: High means FL335 or above ;)

SN539

Post by SN539 »

For ATC BOX "Gold Members", just open the ATC BOX Live application (Live Radar Stream) and choose the Maastricht Beek Airport panel (EHBK). You should be able to follow all departing and arriving traffic for EBBR until/from about 500 feet altitude.

The only remaining problem (but maybe does anybody know the solution ??) is that I couldn't find any possibility of zooming the map. This means that the indications on the screen can become very difficult to read when traffic is important.

SteGo

Post by SteGo »

The only remaining problem (but maybe does anybody know the solution ??) is that I couldn't find any possibility of zooming the map. This means that the indications on the screen can become very difficult to read when traffic is important.
Go to the ATCBox website, login with your goldmember username and password. Follow the instructions described on this page http://www.atcbox.com/modules.php?name= ... live-radar - "Viewing the radar images with another VNC Viewer".

But even then it's difficult to read the registrations when there is a lot of traffic around EBBR ...

Stego

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I don't know if this Live traffic above BE is reliable. Just saw on that site the Qatar (A346), British (B777), and Air India (B777) overflying where we are living. The sky is clear here and not single aircraft was seeing.

airtrotter

Post by airtrotter »

I don't know if this Live traffic above BE is reliable. Just saw on that site the Qatar (A346), British (B777), and Air India (B777) overflying where we are living. The sky is clear here and not single aircraft was seeing.
i found most of the time it's pretty accurate! but i think there is a slight delay on the display, around 40-60 seconds. Anyone noticed the same?
But indeed, sometimes it shows aircraft that you can't visually affirm...think it has something to do with altitude and contrails.

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello,

Used Casper-frontier yesterday to do some contrail spotting and it was 100% accurate. It showed a A330 of Gulf Air "the golden one" and yes it was their at the sky. I used it for 1 hour and everything was correct.

Greetings,
Kristof
All my posted timings are local !

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello,

Today 22/11 did some contrail spotting again with help from casper-frontier

2 "mistakes":

He didn't showed a Lufthansa CRJ, Biman A310

Greetings,
Kristof
All my posted timings are local !

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

I have noticed thet the system only shows traffic above Belgium if it is at a certain altitude...

saw it last time to check my flight with UA to LHR and only showed the plane somewehere around OST while the plane took off at BRU ...

although nice system
Citybird
The flying dream

continental060

Post by continental060 »

I don't know if this Live traffic above BE is reliable. Just saw on that site the Qatar (A346), British (B777), and Air India (B777) overflying where we are living. The sky is clear here and not single aircraft was seeing
well, I just checked casper and saw that sometimes the planes just stop moving.

this site: http://www.geluidsnet.nl/ apparently has no problems.

grts,
karel
~Karel

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

It's because the receiver is located near Schiphol, it can only track Belgian traffic at a certain altitude!

Shuttie

Post by Shuttie »

I found that sometimes I saw a plane and the web site was blank, if the plane was travelling North, I just waited for it to appear as it approached The Netherlands, if it was travelling South or West, I used the replay function, by going back 5 or 10 minutes, and you can see the plane just before it is too far away from the reciever in Amsterdam.

concordino

Post by concordino »

2 "mistakes":

He didn't showed a Lufthansa CRJ, Biman A310
You need to know some of the technicalities of the system. The majority of aircraft are "seen" by the box but not all are displayed on the screen. Look at the right side bar and you will find many more listed than show on the "radar image". This is because not all aircraft are ADS-B equipped thus not sending positional information. It is rare to see any Embraer, Canadair or DHC types as they are not fully equipped. Many older types also (your Biman 310 for example) also do not show on-screen but all are there in the listing. In addition most military do not show up but thier are some which do. You can see mil transports in the list but most tactical aircraft do not.

There was a comment about losing aircradft below a certain height or the screen being too largew a scale to see detail. You will have to invest in your own kit. That way you will be at the centre point and, dependant upon obstacles you can cutomise many paprameters to give you the view you need.

SBS and Radarbox can be the best tools you have in your but you have to learn a new set of skills to get the best from them. There is loads of info out there on the 'net - check out this mail group which has 10's of thousands of related messages

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mode_S/

Have fun but beware the addictive nature of this.

C

continental060

Post by continental060 »

hello,

I just saw on casper live tracking above schiphol around 19.30 LAE1500.
Does someone know what airline that is and what airplane? I already found out that the flight was from Sandcreek (Guyana)

grts,
karel
~Karel