Brussels Airlines signs agreement with Arkia (Israel)

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Brussels Airlines signs agreement with Arkia (Israel)

Post by sn26567 »

Brussels Airlines can now offer attractive fares to Eilat (Israel) thanks to an agreement with Arkia Airlines.
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Re: Brussels Airlines signs agreement with Arkia (Israel)

Post by regi »

I am thrilled to go bake in the sun at +40°C during summer time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eilat

Well, it is cooler than Egypt or Tunesia.

Serious question about security checks.
I know several business people ( one of them is me ) who refuse to go anymore to Israel because of the unusual security checks, airport interrogations , luggage searches and arrogant behaviour of the security personnel.
Will this kind of activity take place on Belgian soil as well if you fly through SN ?
Please don't react with all kind of BS of security, politics, religion etcetera.
It is a simple question: will a passenger have to undergo the exeptional security checks if he flies this SN or Arkia flight?
No explanation, just a simple answer "yes" or "no" is enough.
I can draw my own conclusions.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

Be careful, they like to make passport copy...

cf. Al Bustan Dubai...;-)))...

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

regi wrote:I am thrilled to go bake in the sun at +40°C during summer time.

I know several business people ( one of them is me ) who refuse to go anymore to Israel because of the unusual security checks, airport interrogations , luggage searches and arrogant behaviour of the security personnel.
Will this kind of activity take place on Belgian soil as well if you fly through SN ?
Please don't react with all kind of BS of security, politics, religion etcetera.
It is a simple question: will a passenger have to undergo the exeptional security checks if he flies this SN or Arkia flight?
The security with SN flights is ok, but when you fly El Al it can be you get serious security checks. These exeptional security checks are donne by people out of Israel altough this is not permitted and believe me it's a mysterious business with these people.
SN's flights are better they have normal security checks. But this is in BRU, in Israel it can be worser, but ik can't be worser than with El Al.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

regi wrote:I am thrilled to go bake in the sun at +40°C during summer time.

In Brussels, when you fly SN to TLV, you just check in at the general SN check-in area (rows 4-5) and board without any discomfort at the gate. However, I don't know what happens in Israel.

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

In Israel they can do what they like. My relatives have flown with Swiss and had security questions after they landed. But on both flights no exceptional security checks. So I guess it's really chance what happens in Israel. But with EL-AL always expect longer queues.

regi

Post by regi »

Thank you for the answers.
So my conclusion is that I still would fly to Israel if it is by a non-Israelian airline.
By the way, I have nothing to do at Eilat. Too far away from the factories.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Since I read your 'historic' topic ( only israel planes may land in Eilat ) I assume
we can expect Arkia-flights to BRU.
Since JAF is re-introducing Eilat from next winterseason this could be the only
answer I GUESS !
Would be nice!
Altough Regi don't see much factories over there don't forget there are a lot HIGH-Tech
facilities over there ( defense,sattelite,electronics .. and olives of course ! ).
Even if you don't feel 100 % safe over there ( it stays israel! ) it's quite nice over there,
dolphins sun sea ...and historical sites!

Last summer I flew Israir Tel Aviv-Eilat (30min) in A320.
Landing is quite spectacular !
First above sea and then full brakes because off short RNW!
with strong side winds !

Safety issues are very impressive but with reason probably!

BTW I checked in a knife ( without knowing it ) yesterday on a flight to SXF from BRU !!!!!
BRU didn't mention/saw/detected it so I lost/gave it away on my return flight from SXF!

My guess, better fly Israeli !

CX-F
New types flown 2022.. A339