New website Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

DeltaWiskey

Re: New BRU website

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Features aside, I don't think the AMS website does look more professional than the BRU website. I think there pretty equal in that area. I don't see any (cheap) banners on the BRU website, but maybe that's because my browser blocks then (don't know for sure).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The official press release: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44501

It confirms that speed in case of heavy internet traffic (ash cloud, snow falls, etc.) was a main goal, which explains the limited number of features such as name of airline, type of aircraft, etc.

A timetable (this is not the list of arrivals and departures) has been introduced, but does not seem to be active yet.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

sn26567 wrote:The official press release: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44501

It confirms that speed in case of heavy internet traffic (ash cloud, snow falls, etc.) was a main goal, which explains the limited number of features such as name of airline, type of aircraft, etc.

A timetable (this is not the list of arrivals and departures) has been introduced, but does not seem to be active yet.
I don't think because a few times per year the website is overloaded, they should leave out the icons and type of aircraft. It can't be that hard to change from one site to another on these periods.
Tot hier en verder

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

This is stupid and ridiculous. What they need is a web load balancer and optionally a few more servers in the cloud for unsual load, but it seems they have a very bad IT dept. We are not in 1995 anymore. In 2011 there are solutions, but yes it cost money and yes you need to open your eyes a bit ... (or hire a consultant).

Some interesting reading for the non-geeks : http://computer.howstuffworks.com/inter ... ion342.htm

Regarding the design, while it's very much depending on everybody's bias, you must agree this is not the way we are doing things in 2011. It just looks cheap and unprofessional.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Zorba wrote: I don't think because a few times per year the website is overloaded, they should leave out the icons and type of aircraft. It can't be that hard to change from one site to another on these periods.
I call this Belgian amateurism at its best. A good advice, use flightstats. This new BRU apt website is just crappy. :cry: :evil: :roll: :|

turkishairlines

New website Brussels Airport

Post by turkishairlines »

Brussels Airport launched his new website, but the aircraft types aren't there.
Become a fan on this Facebook link and type a remark...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brussels- ... 96?sk=wall

travellover

Re: New website Brussels Airport

Post by travellover »

Hi everybody,

Passionnate about aviation (as a hobby) since I'm 12 years old, july 1977 : my first flight was with a T a r o m Tupolev 154 to Bucarest !
I'm reading you for a while on luchtzak.
Unbelievable how crappy is the new Brussels Airport website,especially on the arrival and departures pages ! The former (I hope it will be back asap !) was a jewel !

greats

Pat
Cheers

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

I guess they fired their IT design people some years ago???

Incidentally, I just hit SAS website by accident and found it very good until I went in booking mode: very poor once you hit screens to select a given flight.
One nice touch is an overview of fares and service classes onto one screen.
You can easily check seat criteria between classes or luggage allowances by class (2x23kgs in premium eco and 2x32 in business) impressed.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

thalenoi wrote:I guess they fired their IT design people
If you are unable to distinguish webdesign from IT design you better keep more silent.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Schiphol is indeed much nicer because it gives much more information if you don't have access to BRU's own computer system. Example: for KL1722 BRU-AMS, Schiphol.nl tells me it's a Fokker F70 with reg. PH-KZW

At this moment, the tracer from brusselsairport.be isn't working (with Explorer). Trust they're working on it, and I hope that BRU will also show the a/c identity.

For cargo aircraft, it's even worse : even the general a/c type (i.e. 747) isn't shown anymore.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

According to one of their reactions on their facebook page their people are working on the programmation to show the aircraft types again. Don't know if they plan to show the exact types (A319 or B735 for exemple) or just like before (like just B737 for all 737 versions). And I doubt they will place registrations on the website, but you never know.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

This is how a decent, professional airport website should look like: http://www.helsinki-vantaa.fi/home

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Boavida wrote:This is how a decent, professional airport website should look like: http://www.helsinki-vantaa.fi/home
I persist and I maintain, BRU website is crap and ugly. When I browse it I have the impression to be on Ryanair website on Aldi/Renmans website to order meat for a bbq.

A nice website (like the HEL one) doesn't cost so much. Sad.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

More than two years after the introduction of the new website, finally it is possible to see the aircraft types of all flights departing and arriving at Brussels Airport.

Check the new departure/arrival pages on http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/passngr/flinfo/
André
ex Sabena #26567

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

Nice, but I was hoping for aircraft regs. , like on the website of Schiphol.

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

"Would you like to use the mobile version?"

No, because I can't see all arrivals/departures...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

andorra-airport wrote:Nice, but...
I have three other criticisms:
  • You need two clicks to get the type of aircraft. The first click gives only the status of the flight. It would have been easy to combine these two data in a click.
  • The button "refresh the page" has disappeared. If you leave your page open, you have to reload it in order to update it.
  • The information (arrivals or departures) appears on multiple pages instead of a single one, compelling you to look at many pages before eventually finding your flight. Previously, it was sufficient to scroll down on the same page.
André
ex Sabena #26567