Which airline to choose?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
radzinx

Which airline to choose?

Post by radzinx »

Hi,
I will be flying from Brussels to Jakarta in August. I am able to choose between Etihad, Turkish and Thai in C class. What would be your suggestion?
Thanks for any recommendations
;)

cathay belgium

Re: Which airline to choose?

Post by cathay belgium »

sawadee,

Without a doubt I would go for Thai, full trip in a wide body -TK- ,Star Alliance rewards miles -Ethihad-
nice equipment, good quality and food and not supporting another gulf carrier :lol:
I prefer the 777 iso A330 , so I would go for THAI..

Greetz,

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

cathay belgium wrote:sawadee,

Without a doubt I would go for Thai, full trip in a wide body -TK- ,Star Alliance rewards miles -Ethihad-
nice equipment, good quality and food and not supporting another gulf carrier :lol:
I prefer the 777 iso A330 , so I would go for THAI..

Greetz,

CXB
Yes, go for THAI have a nice flight!
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

radzinx

Post by radzinx »

Thanks for your tips so far :)

b-west

Post by b-west »

Seat comfort will be roughly the same on both Thai and Etihad. Food imo is better on Etihad. But Thai offers you the advantage of Star Alliance miles (if that interests you). Can't really talk for Turkish.

regi

Post by regi »

don't know about the seats in C, but the additional airplanes of Thai flying to Brussels do not have full flat in C.
- if that would be a criteria -

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

I would definitely choose TG.
But it's of course personal ...

EBKT

Post by EBKT »

I have no experience with Thai nor Ethiad but I wouldn't go for Turkish. I don't like the overcrowed and choatic Istanbul airport I am not a great fan neither of having all the time kebab rice... They are quite "greedy" as well in the number of Miles you get. For sure, go for Thai, should be nice service as well on board ;-)

chineseboy

Post by chineseboy »

Definitely Thai, first of all the service and the non stop from BRU to BKK. I dont know the transittime of etihad or Turkish. But I'll choose Thai !

Let us know what is your final decision and the the ticketprices!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

chineseboy wrote:Let us know what is your final decision and the the ticketprices!
And let us enjoy your trip report when you'll have completed your flights. Thanks in anticipation!
André
ex Sabena #26567

radzinx

Post by radzinx »

Thanks everybody for your input. I found very mixed reviews for Thai. People often complain on: either food or staff or equipment. It looks like the overall service is very different from one flight to another. I think my choice would be: Etihad as first, then Thai and Turkish as 3rd.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Hi ! Not that I want you to change your mind, but just wanted to let you know that I flew TG in C to SIN (via BKK of course) in May. The 777s had flat seats/beds. Overal service and performance were not excellent, but still very good. Would not hesitate to fly them again.
The big disadvantage, imo, with TK is that the last leg on your return journey will be over four hours in a narrow body aircraft ; however with a dedicated Business class section unlike most Northern or Western European airlines.
In favor of quality air travel.