Ryanair in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: Ryanair in 2015

Post by sean1982 »

As a result of safety meetings with their cabin crew and pilots, Ryanair has banned all duty free alcohol from their flights from the UK to Ibiza. And that's how its supposed to be done :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... afety.html

3toons

Post by 3toons »

I totally agree with this. Safety and comfort of passengers and crew must come first before anything else. However, sometimes airlines should be much more careful who they allow onto their aircraft.
Will Ryanair also stop sales of alcoholic drinks onboard flights to Ibiza?

Reg E S Potter

Post by Reg E S Potter »

Duty-free booze for people on flights within EU has not been possible for many years. More crappy reporting by the Daily Mail I guess.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Reg E S Potter wrote:Duty-free booze for people on flights within EU has not been possible for many years. More crappy reporting by the Daily Mail I guess.
They mean passengers will not be allowed to bring onboard any alcohol bought in the airport :roll: unless you havent travelled in the last 20 years, im sure you're well aware that people can buy bottles of alcohol at duty free stores in the airport even when travelling within europe

Onboard alcohol sales are not stopped, but it gives the crew at least a chance to judge how much alcohol someone drinks and to refuse alcohol to pax who had too much to their judgement

Stij

Post by Stij »

We all call it duty free, but when flying within the EU, it (unfortunately) actually isn't duty free, it's duty paid!

Cheers,

Stij

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:EI-FIG just arrived at Dublin, from Boeing Field, today...
... and was already in BRU this afternoon before being in CRL tonight.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, today (7 Apr) released customer and load factor statistics for March as follows:
- Traffic grew by 28% to 6.67m customers.
- Load factor increased 10% points to 90%.
- Rolling annual traffic to March grew 11% to 90.5m customers. -

See more at: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... customers/
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair has reported a 28% increase in March passenger numbers. The airline said the load factor – the number of seats which are occupied by passengers – had also increased from 80% to 90% in MArch compared with the month last year. This amounts to and average of 19 more passengers on each flight.

Spokesman Kenny Jacobs attributed the rise to the new, softer customer service policy launched in late 2013 when Ryanair’s chief executive, Michael O’Leary, presented a strategy to stop “unnecessarily pissing people off”. The new policies include allowing more carry-on baggage, allocating seating and cutting punitive charges. Jacobs said the image revamp will continue with new cabin interiors, crew uniforms, inflight menus and reduced airport fees.
The airline said the rise was also owing to changes in its schedule to accommodate business travellers, who want to travel in and out of destinations in the space of a day. It added that putting the times for future flights online sooner so that people can book well in advance had also contribute.
Flights for winter 2014-15 are now online, three months earlier than last year.
“Germans and Scandinavians love to book very far in advance, and what we are seeing more and more, even in markets like the UK and Ireland, is people want to book further in advance because they know they will get the lowest fares,” said Jacobs.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair has been forced to cancel over 250 flights on Wednesday (8th Apr) due to a French Air Traffic Control strike. Further cancellations and delays are likely and customers should check the status of their flight before leaving for the airport on the Ryanair.com website.

Ryanair calls on the EU and French authorities to take measures to prevent any further disruption. It's grossly unfair that thousands of European travellers will once again have their travel plans disrupted by the selfish actions of a tiny number of French ATC workers.

See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... JaqlI.dpuf

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:Flights for winter 2014-15 are now online, three months earlier than last year.
I guess you (and Ryanair :) ) mean winter 2015-2016
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair has been forced to cancel over 250 flights on Wednesday (8th Apr) due to a French Air Traffic Control strike.
Methinks that Ryanair is overdoing it. DGAC asked airlines to cancel 40% of their flights, and it seems that Ryanair is cancelling close to 100% of its flights to France or overflying France (e.g. not one single flight from CRL to a French destination today). An easy way to avoid problems with the EU Regulation?

List of cancelled Ryanair flights: http://www.cloud.scorebuddy.co.uk/ryana ... 2015-04-08
André
ex Sabena #26567

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

sn26567 wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair has been forced to cancel over 250 flights on Wednesday (8th Apr) due to a French Air Traffic Control strike.
Methinks that Ryanair is overdoing it. DGAC asked airlines to cancel 40% of their flights, and it seems that Ryanair is cancelling close to 100% of its flights to France or overflying France (e.g. not one single flight from CRL to a French destination today). An easy way to avoid problems with the EU Regulation?

List of cancelled Ryanair flights: http://www.cloud.scorebuddy.co.uk/ryana ... 2015-04-08
What a surprise. Are we going to have this conversation every single time over and over again? :roll:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:Spokesman Kenny Jacobs attributed the rise to the new, softer customer service policy launched in late 2013 when Ryanair’s chief executive, Michael O’Leary, presented a strategy to stop “unnecessarily pissing people off”.
VTM (Flemish tv news) was at Brussels Airport today, to find out the consequences of the Fench ATC strike on Belgian aviation.

In the 13h tv news, VTM interviewed two Ryanair passengers, both not impressed by the above "Le Nouveau Ryanair Est Arrivé" that mr Jacobs and mr O'Leary have announced. One lady, with a very young daughter (4 or 5), had to fly from Brussels to Barcelona, for a citytrip. Their flight Brussels-Barcelona was cancelled, and they were only given a free rerouting for a flight during next weekend. "So we'll stay in Belgium and we'll go to the North Sea for our breakaway; luckily the weather forecast here is good", she said.

The other Ryanair passenger was also interviewed at the Information Desk. Her Ryanair return flight Barcelona-Brussels was cancelled, and she had to buy a new ticket Barcelona-Madrid-Brussels with another airline. She asked for a refund in Brussels, which was denied.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Like with any other airline, if the flight is full then FR cannot bump passengers from other flights to replace them with pax from the cancelled flights. Unfortunatly, all flights out of BRU have a close to 100% LF (nice touch of drama, with the "very young daughter part" next time it will be someone in a wheelchair or a blind passenger. Fact is, a cancelled flight isnt fun for anyone)

Like any airline, you have to go through the correct channels to get your refund and dont just demand money at a desk in an airport.

As usual VTM, shows is bias against FR. Anyone ever noticed when VTM shows an aircraft, crew member or any other aviation related story (unless its negative) is always JAF? Hmmm, I wonder why :D

Nice little drama story passenger ... I was wondering why it took so long

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Passenger wrote: Her Ryanair return flight Barcelona-Brussels was cancelled, and she had to buy a new ticket Barcelona-Madrid-Brussels with another airline. She asked for a refund in Brussels, which was denied.
She will be sent a message giving her the proper way to request a refund - refund which, in my experience is made in a short time, a week or so.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Passenger wrote: In the 13h tv news, VTM interviewed two Ryanair passengers, both not impressed by the above "Le Nouveau Ryanair Est Arrivé" that mr Jacobs and mr O'Leary have announced.
Impressed or not impressed by the new Ryanair way, Ryanair statistics for March are a fact :

- Traffic grew by 28% to 6.67m customers.
- Load factor increased 10% points to 90%.
- Rolling annual traffic to March grew 11% to 90.5m customers. -

Established02

Post by Established02 »

airazurxtror wrote:Impressed or not impressed
Certainly impressed by these numbers!

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

sean1982 wrote:Like with any other airline, if the flight is full then FR cannot bump passengers from other flights to replace them with pax from the cancelled flights.
They could however reroute through other airlines to minimize the delay: maybe other airlines still have some empty seats?
Alternatively, if they do not want to do that, they could also reroute people via 2 flights of their own and through another airport, avoiding overflying France by connecting through e.g. the UK or another country: why not make use of their many bases for customer comfort?
They clearly do not make the slightest effort to come up with any creative and more convenient solution.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Inquirer wrote: They clearly do not make the slightest effort to come up with any creative and more convenient solution.
You clearly don't know what you speak about.
Have you ever been booked on an FR flight that was cancelled ? I doubt it - I would not be surprised if you had never been on an FR flight at all.
I have been on such a flight, more than once. And I can vouch that the Ryanair staff do their utmost to find a valid solution for all passengers, as satisfactory as possible.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Inquirer wrote:
sean1982 wrote:Like with any other airline, if the flight is full then FR cannot bump passengers from other flights to replace them with pax from the cancelled flights.
They could however reroute through other airlines to minimize the delay: maybe other airlines still have some empty seats?
Alternatively, if they do not want to do that, they could also reroute people via 2 flights of their own and through another airport, avoiding overflying France by connecting through e.g. the UK or another country: why not make use of their many bases for customer comfort?
They clearly do not make the slightest effort to come up with any creative and more convenient solution.
Ignorant as ever :roll:

FR does re-route through other bases/multiple flights if needed and places are available