spotting facilities @ Brussels .... help us !

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

website-info

Post by website-info »

Hi Guys,

In answer about a petition, to make it creadible, we need the name, signature and postal code of people, otherwise the compalint is that we just "fudge" names (go figure that one) on a list.

I will check with a few people who have done this sort of thing before, see if I can get some support from people with simialr facilities in the UK, ie MAN and BHX, will also try and get support from Aberdeen, who in conjunction with the local police there issue spotters id's and parking places in otherwise restricted areas.

I away on business next week, but will try and monitor this topic, and promise to follow up with BIAC the week after, at least sound them out on any plans and ideas and then we can take it from there,

Rgds
Tony

Jense

Post by Jense »

That sounds great, Tony... :!: :dance:
I really hope we can get better spotting-facilities, we will try so...
In Flemish: 'Eendracht maakt macht'!

greettzzz
Last edited by Jense on 11 Mar 2004, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Jense wrote: In Flemis: 'Eendracht maakt macht'!
United we stand! :wink:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Air_Lac

Post by Air_Lac »

I think the spotting facility, to be successful, would need to be somewhere in / on the terminal building, thereby you could also attract occasional spotters and/or spotters that have no cars and rely on public transport, but also arriving and departing passengers/spotters.

You could also obviously have some facility at the end/beginning of the runways.

BIAC has not proven overly responsive and if you send an e-mail to their website you normally do not get any feedback/answer at all.

Abelag/GA terminal is often interesting too for all th VIP traffic, behaps a viewing terrace there ? - but then safety consideration will probably always be advanced for not doing this.

It is in general intersting to note that the germanic/anglo-saxon countries are MUCH more spotterfriendly :-), where as the latin-language countries consider all spotters as spies and/or potential terrorists :-(

Air_Lac

Avro

Post by Avro »

Since we are trying to convince BIAC of opening such a spotterplce, there is also another thing we should ask them.

In 2001 when Sabena was still flying, you could go on their website and see a complete arrival/departure list for BRU with the registration of EACH belgian plane (VEX/SN ...).

Why couldn't BIAC allrzady put the regs of the belgian planes on the arrival/departure list. It's very usefull when you want t o spot a specific plane. :!:

Greetz
Chris
8)

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Yeah, but they don't allways know the registration, do they?

Regards,
Rutger
Tot hier en verder

Avro

Post by Avro »

Airbus_fan wrote:Yeah, but they don't allways know the registration, do they?
Well Sabena was able to tell the reg in advance (it was most of the time correct +-90%). I don't see why Biac wouldn't be able to do this.

Chris

BieleAlbatrosy

Post by BieleAlbatrosy »

Well last week I managed to get to the spotting place via the road which leads towards Machelen, the one which comes on the Haachtsesteenweg at the traffic lights they put there in one af the last years.

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

I don't think you'll have much succes in the airport itself ...
In Warsaw they have such an observation deck on top of the terminal, and although i haven't been there much, it always seemed that there were quite many people on it.

I guess that it would be nice to have such a facility in BRU, especially in the summer! Just imagine: good weather, nice traffic, and a big observation deck with a bar outside in the summer. 8) That way it also brings some money to BIAC.

Maybe if they reconstruct the C pier/sattelite somewhere in the future, they can put such an observation deck on it, would be great view, isn't it!

Greets,

Pieter