Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

crew1990

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by crew1990 »

lumumba wrote:t's just an idee I now it's a big plane and sure if you want to stop the triangle flights....
SN is not doing triangular flight because there are no deman (there is definitely demand) SN fly triangular because it make the SN can fly to more destination with more frequency with less aircraft.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

crew1990 wrote:
lumumba wrote:t's just an idee I now it's a big plane and sure if you want to stop the triangle flights....
SN is not doing triangular flight because there are no deman (there is definitely demand) SN fly triangular because it make the SN can fly to more destination with more frequency with less aircraft.
Ok but of you want to grow you need to offer more seats to one destination.
But you have to keep the frequency so the A330 200 is perfect,smaller than the 300 .
So if you wanna grow but not to fast it's perfect.
I also think that today with the competition you have on Africa the triangle flights are not sustainable anymore.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

I don't know if it has anything related with brussels airlines, but a Airbus 340 Lufthansa came in Liege and is now on storage, not planned to leave soon...

Pocahontas

Post by Pocahontas »

That has nothing to do with SN.

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

Ok thanks, we can delete then.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

OO-ITR wrote: Like I mentioned before KLM is disposing of their A332 fleet as from now. They have around 12 of this type. Excellent for SN, no?
Looks like someone else already snapped the KLM birds away

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/ ... -a330-200s

For those who can't read the full article, it says Saheen Air will add 4 A330s in the first quarter of 2016.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:
OO-ITR wrote: Like I mentioned before KLM is disposing of their A332 fleet as from now. They have around 12 of this type. Excellent for SN, no?
Looks like someone else already snapped the KLM birds away

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/ ... -a330-200s

For those who can't read the full article, it says Saheen Air will add 4 A330s in the first quarter of 2016.
That's a shame, could have been good replacements for the oldest planes.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Allow me to add my contribution in an attempt to soothe the deep sorrow felt by some due to this missed opportunity :

12 - 4 = 8
;)

H.A.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Homo Aeroportus wrote:Allow me to add my contribution in an attempt to soothe the deep sorrow felt by some due to this missed opportunity :

12 - 4 = 8
;)

H.A.
True, but according to wikipedia (not the most reliable source, I know) they are only getting rid of 5 of the A332's they currently have...

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

Homo Aeroportus wrote:Allow me to add my contribution in an attempt to soothe the deep sorrow felt by some due to this missed opportunity :

12 - 4 = 8
;)

H.A.
yes indeed but 12 would have been an excellent number to replace the whole fleet and have all aircraft to be the same. Don't forget that 8 A330s is the number of long haul aircraft now but that will grow in the future. In that aspect, 12 would have been better.

Also the 8 remaining will only available at a later stage...

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Aviation in Belgium is such a difficult, frustrating and even sad story... Here we are hoping for our national carrier to find 1(!) additional second-hand A330's somewhere... while other national carriers in surrounding countries all get new metal (brand new 777, 787, A350 for KLM, brand new 747, 777, A350 for LH, brand new 777 for Swiss, A350 for Finnair,... etc etc). We're like some third world country looking in second hand shops for things the first world countries don't need anymore because they've bought something new...

Disclaimer: I know I'm exaggerating a bit and I also know the second hand aircraft of SN are in excellent condition, but sometimes it frustrates me a little. Aviation in Belgium is so fascinating ;)

skumfiduse

Re:

Post by skumfiduse »

Boavida wrote:Aviation in Belgium is such a difficult, frustrating and even sad story... Here we are hoping for our national carrier to find 1(!) additional second-hand A330's somewhere... while other national carriers in surrounding countries all get new metal (brand new 777, 787, A350 for KLM, brand new 747, 777, A350 for LH, brand new 777 for Swiss, A350 for Finnair,... etc etc). We're like some third world country looking in second hand shops for things the first world countries don't need anymore because they've bought something new...

Disclaimer: I know I'm exaggerating a bit and I also know the second hand aircraft of SN are in excellent condition, but sometimes it frustrates me a little. Aviation in Belgium is so fascinating ;)
We learned our lesson with buying new aircraft in the past. Needless to say to where it led.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

While not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison, both JetairFly and TNT have seen, or will still see, factory-new deliveries.
Although, it has to be said, they do have a different strategy compared with SN.
Thomas

Boavida

Re: Re:

Post by Boavida »

skumfiduse wrote: We learned our lesson with buying new aircraft in the past. Needless to say to where it led.
^^ I know. I totally understand why SN is taking it slow (very, very, véry slow in this case). But on the other hand, buying new aircraft does'n automatically mean a bad approach. The fleet renewal of Sabena wasn't the cause of the bankruptcy. It was just the 'last drop'.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

KriVa wrote:While not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison, both JetairFly and TNT have seen, or will still see, factory-new deliveries.
Although, it has to be said, they do have a different strategy compared with SN.
True, JAF has an impressive fleet of many new aircraft. But unfortunately, JAF is going do disappear and will be 'integrated' in the generic international/German brand TUI. Even the Belgian flag will be erased from all aircraft...

skumfiduse

Re: Re:

Post by skumfiduse »

Boavida wrote:
skumfiduse wrote: We learned our lesson with buying new aircraft in the past. Needless to say to where it led.
^^ I know. I totally understand why SN is taking it slow (very, very, véry slow in this case). But on the other hand, buying new aircraft does'n automatically mean a bad approach. The fleet renewal of Sabena wasn't the cause of the bankruptcy. It was just the 'last drop'.
Oh, it started well before the Airbus-saga. Jet planes, Jumbojet and an order for the Concorde to name a few... But I understand your point :)

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Speaking of third world countries...
Ethiopian,Kenya Airways,Arik Air... has brand new 787....
Ex eastern LOT has new B787...
Air Baltic gonna have brand new CS300...
Tarom will get a brand new Airbus fleet....
Air Serbia will have an A330 soon for their JFK flights....

Euh... guess WE are the third world country in this segment with our old Airbus planes and Jumbolinos....

Does any european operator has a worse fleet then SN ? No IB,AZ,BA,SK,AY,KL,LH,LX,...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

^^ Sadly true...

chineseboy

Post by chineseboy »

If Brussels orders new metal with Boeing or Airbus today, the delivery terms are taking several years... In the meanwhile their own fleet are getting older and older by the years.

And I'am agree we are a third world country regarding aircrafts, while the neighbours getting brand new 777/787/350...

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

While brand spanking new aircraft are pretty to look at, they also do cost quite a bite more to lease/buy than a decent second hand aircraft. Depending on the lease, and amount of aircraft, a new aircraft may actually be more expensive to operate. This is also something that must be weighed in with the other factors.
New isn't always better.
Thomas