What is happening with Brussels Airlines?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
airtrainer

Re: what is happening with Brussels Airlines ??? what a shame!

Post by airtrainer »

Sorry to hear about your story, Stefanel :(
My little experience with their customer service was rather good via their Facebook page, I had to contact them some time ago as there were a lot of cancellations for a strike and they replied very quickly. Hope you'll find an option that suit you best, and enjoy your trip !

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Personal experience is good as well e.g. in late November when I had to cancel a trip at last minute.
OK I had to call the Cust service because I stupidly though that changing a booking could be done under the "Manage my bookings" tab of their web site. No sir but I will guide you. Go to "Practical Info", select "About my booking", then "My ticket", then "Cancel and Refund". Should be reimbursed within 3 weeks. OK thank you.

I did, worked fine, got within minutes an e-mail "We duly received your cancellation and refund request and have logged it under the following filenumber : 2015xxxxxx We will handle your request as soon as possible / in the coming weeks."
One week later on December 3rd : "We are pleased to inform you that based on the applicable rules, we have reimbursed you the amount of xxxxx EUR , "

A less positive experience was yesterday when I tried to book a flight for tomorrow.
Worked fine including seat selection (Duh, flight is full but seems I can pick any seat on the Row 2 and Row 1 on return though not C), enter credit card details, then : "We regret to inform you that the fare you have selected is no longer available. Your card has not been charged for this transaction.
Please start a new search if you would like to continue with your booking.
Should you continue to encounter this issue, please contact our Service Centre on +32 (0)2...
".

After another two attempts I felt entitled to call.
Past 23:00 hence English only but good willing young lady picks up.Painstaking process. Took 26 minutes, including 11 to get green light on my Amex. Funny to hear someone spelling Y as in Yellow and T as in Tom, but OK I'm on.
"May I have a confirmation e-mail?". "Oh, you want confirmation e-mail?" Yes Ma'am.
No offer for FF number or seating.
Got the e-mail 2 hours later, i.e. 2am, so I called the Cust center again this morning. Very helpful but again 14 minutes to get ... same 2F and 1F. "Can you pls enter my FF #?", "No you should call M&M for that", "I say again ..", "OK I will try". "Can you issue boarding pass", "No, only 24h before departure".

This pm, I tried "My bookings" : Error booking ref / name unknown.
Checked e-mail. Yep, she goofed in both first and last name. My fault I used aviation alphabet.
Tried booking under my new name. No go.
Tried again one hour ago : worked like a dream, with my wrong name though.
Would not be a good idea from anyone tomorrow to point that my ticket does not 100% match my ID.

Conclusion : I thing usually SN is not the worst in class, counterpart often (very) helpful. System seem often to be slow/cumbersome for them to use.
My recent experience is probably linked to the new reservation system teething problems.

H.A.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Have a flight with SN to BRU tomorrow, cancelled for obvious reasons. No message at all from SN though.
Call center unreachable, no changes possible online. Last update on website regarding flights dated from yesterday (except note about bags updated early today)
At airport desk: No rerouting available, no rebooking possible as fare class is full on the days I wanted...
Refund 0€ as I flew the outbound leg.
What a difference with the services offered by charters and locos!

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

Poiu wrote:Have a flight with SN to BRU tomorrow, cancelled for obvious reasons. No message at all from SN though.
Call center unreachable, no changes possible online. Last update on website regarding flights dated from yesterday (except note about bags updated early today)
At airport desk: No rerouting available, no rebooking possible as fare class is full on the days I wanted...
Are you from this planet ? Your post is degusting

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

galaxy wrote:
Poiu wrote:Have a flight with SN to BRU tomorrow, cancelled for obvious reasons. No message at all from SN though.
Are you from this planet ? Your post is degusting
A terrible thing happened in Brussels yesterday, my thoughts are with the victims and their families.
But some people have urgent travel needs, a matter of life or dead even for some.
The only thing I am asking for is information.
There is no need for insults!

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

Brussels airport is closed tomorrow!
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

quixoticguide wrote:Brussels airport is closed tomorrow!
I know, but after two days one could start hoping for a backup plan, no?
A friend of mine had exactly the same bad experience with SN during the volcano closure. I had an easyJet ticket and they paid my hire car and petrol. He couldn't even contact SN, afterwards they rejected all claims.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Poiu wrote:At airport desk: No rerouting available, no rebooking possible as fare class is full on the days I wanted...
For your info the airport desk blown up so I'm deeply sorry if nobody can assist you over there.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

No need to get too emotional. But we can admit good communication is the base of everything.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

b720

Post by b720 »

Shameful post indeed.. If travel is matter life or death u can take a cab, train, or whatever to AMS CDG and fly back home. If you are stranded abroad, SN help desk at that airport will help. Their call centre is unreachable as they are dealing with 1000snds of calls... Keep in mind that they evacuated the airport, and that no one knows yet when that airport will reopen. I am sure they have a back up plan, you shall hear about it in due time. You are not the only one stranded. Your post is definitely disgusting when we still are counting the dead at BRU.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

crew1990 wrote:
Poiu wrote:At airport desk: No rerouting available, no rebooking possible as fare class is full on the days I wanted...
For your info the airport desk blown up so I'm deeply sorry if nobody can assist you over there.
The airport desk abroad, not in Brussels obviously!

Strange that some on here continuously say legacies are the way to go, just case it all goes wrong and when it goes wrong one is not allowed to make a remark?
The title of this thread is not mine and exaggerated for sure, but it was the only one I found regarding service.
Posting this in the main thread about the attacks would be shamefull indeed!

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Poiu wrote: I know, but after two days one could start hoping for a backup plan, no?
And what about YOUR backup plan dude ??
:evil:

H.A.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Homo Aeroportus wrote:
Poiu wrote: I know, but after two days one could start hoping for a backup plan, no?
And what about YOUR backup plan dude ??
:evil:

H.A.
Took me 15 minutes to book alternative travel after being sent away by the airport desk.
Very expensive, but travelling to see somebody for the last time.
Not need to call me dude, sir!

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Mmm strange a friend of my rebooked his ticked this afternoon without any problem or extra cost.
He should have flown SN to BLL.
( BTW seems Bae146 operated by WDL now ... )
Keep trying... ? Like concerttickets nowadays I guess :/
Guess there will be waiting lines for hours, can't blame them for this in such cases...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

May I remind our members to play the ball, and not the player? Thanks!

Brussels Airlines responds quite rapidly on Twitter (@FlyingBrussels).

And the answer to your questions might already be here: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/brussel ... es-guests/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Shengenzone

Re: What is happening with Brussels Airlines?

Post by Shengenzone »

Other airlines already came to action but no news from our so called flag carrier.
Easyjet moved to Lille.
Ryanair to Charleroi
Air Malta to dusseldorf (and provides transfer with departure at the maltese embassy in Brussels)
Croatia airlines, Adria airways, thomas cook, Air europa and tailwind moved to Liege.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

But Easyjet, Ryanair, Thomas Cook, Jetair Fly are airlines flying point to point, Air Malta, Croatia airlines etc doesn't have transfer in BRU as this is the end destination.

Brussels Airlines is having a hub in Brussels with passenger connecting through the network. It's impossible to move the 50 aircraft in another platform in Belgium as there are non able to take all the traffic, and if the planes depart from different airport they miss all the connecting pax. So the solving of the situation for Brussels Airlines is definitely not the same than the other, don't compare apple with pineapple!

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

As can be read in other thread(s), the wheels at SN are very much in motion to have the least disruption possible for the pax. However, this is not simple, due to BRU being their home base, and the sheer amount of planes and transfer pax.
Thomas

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

KriVa wrote:As can be read in other thread(s), the wheels at SN are very much in motion to have the least disruption possible for the pax. However, this is not simple, due to BRU being their home base, and the sheer amount of planes and transfer pax.
Indeed, contrary to others, we have to take into account not just point-to-point passengers (the easy part), but also connecting passengers (much harder): as no other airport in Belgium can handle our vast connecting operations, we thus have to split up, but in a clever way.
As I have posted in another topic, we think we have found the best possible way, given the situation.
It took some time, but then until Tuesday 8AM, nobody ever thought about having to move the entire airport of BRU in very short notice: remember politicians in BRU have been talking for many years about a possible move elsewhere, now airlines need to do it for real in just a couple of hours!
Meanwhile our politicians have started talking about solving the much bigger problem of radicalization: let's just hope it doesn't take them years to come up with an answer!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567