Terror attacks: explosions in the departure hall of Brussels Airport!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Homo Aeroportus

Re: Terrorist attack, explosions in the departure hall of Brussels Airport!

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Conti764 wrote: Thanks but I'm okay... I heard of colleagues who carried out dead and wounded people, they are in lesser shape I suppose :(
It's time indeed to have a thought for those, MEDA, EBBR Firemen and all, who were the first on the scene for what they had to go through.

However good your training, I don't think that anything can prepare you to handle this situation without being deeply affected.
Belgium.png
Belgium.png (42.99 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
H.A.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Airport closed for commercial flights until Friday !

Message from Brussels Airport:

At the moment the crime scene investigation is still ongoing at the terminal of Brussels Airport. Until further notice, the perimeter around the airport remains as it is.

We are unfortunately unable to give any indication on further timing about when the terminal will be cleared and ready for inspection by airport staff to determine the damage and to start reconstruction.

Partial aerial activities will resume tonight. Cargo flights and private flights handled by General Aviation can resume as of now. Passenger flights are suspended until Friday included.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A wake will be held this evening by airport staff in remembrance of the victims. Brussels Airport management will be present at the wake.
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Brussels Airport closed till Friday included (25th of March): https://twitter.com/BrusselsAirport/sta ... 3262730240

(confirming the above message by sn26567)

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

One of the 15 or so (thx Acid-Drop for the correction) departures/arrivals out of EBBR

Edit: corrected info, did only loosly monitor flights and hadn't seen much traffic before
Last edited by DIBO on 23 Mar 2016, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

and arrivals

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

There was at least 15 already, make a filter
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

anjin

Post by anjin »

My respects to all those involved and to the aviation community.
Words i cannot offer. I stand by Belgium

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

The lightly injured Japanese on the metro is a representative for P.I. travel, the largest Japanese travel agency in Brussels...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote:A wake will be held this evening by airport staff in remembrance of the victims. Brussels Airport management will be present at the wake.
Report:
http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20160323_02199 ... ls-airport

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Discount parkings 1 and 2 (at Brucargo) are open. Customers are picking up their cars since 14:00. Other car parks are still closed.
André
ex Sabena #26567

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Acid-drop wrote:Vueling confirmed, here is the list of flights
http://vuelingnews.com/vuelos-operados- ... 6/?lang=fr

I wonder how LGG will be able to handle so much now...
There is a large group of handlers available from BRU. I'm quite sure AP and SP are going to transfer some equipment and staff to other airports for the time being. Otherwise there is no way they are going to be able to handle the large spike in extra flights on those airports.

tolipanebas

Re: Terror attacks: explosions in the departure hall of Brussels Airport!

Post by tolipanebas »

If the terminal is given back to BAC by the police, and provided there is no major structural damage (at first sight it doesn't seem so, apparently), BAC thinks it can quick fix and reopen part of it within 24 hours.
If so, SN will be the first to move back (some of) their operations, probably the long hauls.
Others will have to wait longer. Getting back BRU to a fully operational level might take several weeks.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

The family from Fabienne Vansteenkiste (51), Aviapartner check-in agent, reports she is missing.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/36484/Aanslage ... eren.dhtml

mad_fab

Post by mad_fab »

Shouldn't we create a specific topic for the unusual acft movements related to these attacks to keep this topic centered on Brussels airport?

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

mad_fab wrote:Shouldn't we create a specific topic for the unusual acft movements related to these attacks to keep this topic centered on Brussels airport?
That's not a bad idea, I created a new topic to do so here.

Please pst all information related to the unusual movements of aircraft due to the BRU attacks there.
Thanks.
Thomas

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

In the wake of the events:
Secretary of State Jan Jambon and his colleague of Justice Koen Geens have offered their resignation to Prime Minister Charles Michel, who has refused them.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Treeper wrote:In the wake of the events:
Secretary of State Jan Jambon and his colleague of Justice Koen Geens have offered their resignation to Prime Minister Charles Michel, who has refused them.
Thanks treeper, but I really feel we should keep this topic aviation focussed or it's gonna get out of hand and be closed in no time :/

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I am rescheduled by Brussels Airlines onto a flight leaving from Liege for my next trip: thanks for that guys, you're doing a great job and I really mean it, because half the airlines in Europe simple don't bother and have canceled their flights to BRU and that's it for them.

Brussels Airlines have also organized a free shuttle bus from Brussels to Liege, but I am just wondering if it's possible to drive (and park) at Liege airport? Or is everything full there already?

If its not possible to use own transport, I'll kindly take their offer for a shuttle, but otherwise I prefer to drive there myself with the short term lease car I am currently driving as mine is still stuck at the front park in BRU. :?

Which leads me to my final question: when are the police finally going to give free the airport of BRU again?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is coming to Brussels tomorrow to express his sympathy and that of the Obama administration to the Belgian people. I guess his aircraft will be able to land and park at the EBMB sector of Brussels Airport.
André
ex Sabena #26567