What is happening with Brussels Airlines?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Pocahontas

Re: What is happening with Brussels Airlines

Post by Pocahontas »

How if you cannot even acces the airport? People were able to get their cars yesterday... My god, what contingency plan are you thinking of, knowing every car is checked at the roundabout in Zaventem, and access near the airport is allowed at a very slow pace? And this is not imposed by Bru Air,but by the government!

Come on, give some ideas, but with solutions for the restraints which are put at the airport site by the Government, investigation teams, police.
Luik is handling 10 of the Airbusses, perhaps 11, and they are at max capacity. People are needed too to handle the planes,not only available tarmac space. Swissport has the contract in BRU in LGE it is Aviapartner... You should consider all factors, and not forget about most of them just to make yourself look smart. If every regional airport is to foresee to be able to handle extra flights to that extent, that would make it all a bit too expensive, because during normal ops 70% of the employees at those airports will be twisting thumbs.
On top To access the airside people are getting screened before they can have a badge. I can understand these days badges are not handed out easily, so it is not easy to get an extra amount of hands for the handlers.
And as said before, other companies that started with their plan B had already a foot on other airports.

I think some of you are rubbing hands. Brussels Airlines was getting better, BRU airport was getting extra pax. Companies were able to live in BRU side by side and now the upward trend was stopped by these cowardy acts. Now the SN bashers can enter there playground again and start bashing again.
Sean1982, I am not talking about you here, you surprise me in a very positive way! Thanks!

I can assure you that BRU AIR is having a tremendous amount of volunteers to assist the pax, the ops... Rest assured, we are a big family, working hard to overcome these harsh days! I was surprised how everybody is clinging together. And that is what we should do, as a society as well. Show these pigs they don't defeat us with their attacks. If we must be afraid to go somewhere, one should lock himself in a concrete clean room. I am not planning on doing so!

Thanks!

Conti764

Re: What is happening with Brussels Airlines?

Post by Conti764 »

Oh come on, flanker...

Easy to say 'do this, do that...' Have you honestly ever seen an entire airport going dark within an hour? Moving to another facility wouldnt' be very smart since recently everything accept check in is centered around the connector so they'd better something up there...

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Pocahontas wrote:...
Come on, give some ideas, but with solutions for the restraints which are put at the airport site by the Government, investigation teams, police.
Luik is handling 10 of the Airbusses, perhaps 11, and they are at max capacity. People are needed too to handle the planes,not only available tarmac space.....
On top To access the airside people are getting screened before they can have a badge. I can understand these days badges are not handed out easily, so it is not easy to get an extra amount of hands for the handlers....
Currently,no Airside access badge are allowed to be issued at EBLG for Visitor/Tempo/contractor.

H.A.

jake99

Post by jake99 »

Pocahontas wrote:How if you cannot even acces the airport? People were able to get their cars yesterday... My god, what contingency plan are you thinking of, knowing every car is checked at the roundabout in Zaventem, and access near the airport is allowed at a very slow pace? And this is not imposed by Bru Air,but by the government!

Luik is handling 10 of the Airbusses, perhaps 11, and they are at max capacity. People are needed too to handle the planes,not only available tarmac space. Swissport has the contract in BRU in LGE it is Aviapartner... You should consider all factors, and not forget about most of them just to make yourself look smart. If every regional airport is to foresee to be able to handle extra flights to that extent, that would make it all a bit too expensive, because during normal ops 70% of the employees at those airports will be twisting thumbs.
On top To access the airside people are getting screened before they can have a badge. I can understand these days badges are not handed out easily, so it is not easy to get an extra amount of hands for the handlers.
And as said before, other companies that started with their plan B had already a foot on other airports.

I think some of you are rubbing hands. Brussels Airlines was getting better, BRU airport was getting extra pax. Companies were able to live in BRU side by side and now the upward trend was stopped by these cowardy acts. Now the SN bashers can enter there playground again and start bashing again.
Sean1982, I am not talking about you here, you surprise me in a very positive way! Thanks!

I can assure you that BRU AIR is having a tremendous amount of volunteers to assist the pax, the ops... Rest assured, we are a big family, working hard to overcome these harsh days! I was surprised how everybody is clinging together. And that is what we should do, as a society as well. Show these pigs they don't defeat us with their attacks. If we must be afraid to go somewhere, one should lock himself in a concrete clean room. I am not planning on doing so!

Thanks!

All a will say is Swissport is @ LGG with staff and equipment.Equipment is transported dailly to handle aircrafts.
There will be some additional flights go to LGG such as Thai,US carriers,... this weekend

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Thai, US flights?
are you sure if that?
How do they think they will accommodate everybody inside that mini terminal?
It was overly crowded when I went through it, yesterday and then it was 'just' a charter flight or 2 plus 6 or 7 Brussels Airlines flights.

Pocahontas

Post by Pocahontas »

Good to know that Swissport moved also to EBLG! Thanks for the info.