Jetairfly/TUI fly in 2016

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

convair

Re: Jetairfly in 2016

Post by convair »

Ozzie1969 wrote:How STUPID to sell something called Belgian French fries! Either they're Belgian, or they're those rubbishy French ones.
That's why they crossed the word "French" on the box! Have another, more careful look at the picture!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ozzie1969 wrote:How STUPID to sell something called Belgian French fries! Either they're Belgian, or they're those rubbishy French ones.
If you read correctly, they're only Belgian. A stripe erases the word French 8-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

sn26567 wrote:
If you read correctly, they're only Belgian. A stripe erases the word French 8-)
Oh, you're right. I thought at first glance that was the packaging being ripped open. I guess I should have taken a second glance. It's still dumb though. That's like selling Belgian beer, and putting "Belgian Dutch Beer" on the label with "Dutch" crossed out. Why would you do that?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

barnabelg

Post by barnabelg »

Ozzie1969 wrote:That's like selling Belgian beer, and putting "Belgian Dutch Beer" on the label with "Dutch" crossed out. Why would you do that?
Nobody would do that, because "Dutch Beer" is not something that people know as such. (They call it Heineken instead I think... ;) )

I like it. I think it's a fun way of telling North American customers that what they call French fries are not French at all. :thumbup:

b720

Post by b720 »

Regardless of the origin, in English they are known as FRENCH FRIES or simply FRIES. No one, outside Belgium, would refer to them as Belgian Fries. Maybe we should promote them, like Brussels Sprouts, and Belgian Waffles..
Belgian chocolate and Belgian Beers are widely known.

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

b720 wrote:Regardless of the origin, in English they are known as FRENCH FRIES or simply FRIES.
Depends on what you call English. In England they're called 'chips'.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

Since when does Jetairfly use an airbus of Smartlynx ?
Attachments
fuertaventura.JPG

sergioboeing

Post by sergioboeing »

Shengenzone wrote:Since when does Jetairfly use an airbus of Smartlynx ?
According airfleets.net since 13/04/2016, its registration is YL-LCS. By the way, there is another one: YL-LCR since 20/04/2016. Both are leased from SmartLynx.
Best regards,
Sergioboeing

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Both Smartlynx are/were based in CRL, there is also a Cello Aviation Boeing 737-400 G-RAJG flying for JAF out of OST on Summer lease.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

sergioboeing wrote:
Shengenzone wrote:Since when does Jetairfly use an airbus of Smartlynx ?
According airfleets.net since 13/04/2016, its registration is YL-LCS. By the way, there is another one: YL-LCR since 20/04/2016. Both are leased from SmartLynx.
Thanks for the info. Are they dry or wet-leased?

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Wet-leased since JAF doesn't have any Airbus rated crew. Have seen the Smartlynx crew a few times in CRL.

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

sdbelgium wrote:Wet-leased since JAF doesn't have any Airbus rated crew. Have seen the Smartlynx crew a few times in CRL.
Nice, hope i get onboard one of their aircraft soon

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

ECAIR - Equatorial Congo Airlines has suspended its domestic services in the Republic of Congo until the middle of next month owing to unspecified damage incurred to one of two B737-700s it has wet-leased from Jetairfly.

With OO-JJH (msn 33791) currently undergoing maintenance at Brussels National and with OO-JJI (msn 33793) now out of service after a hangar fire in Prague, the carrier says it has no available capacity to ply its Brazzaville-Pointe Noire route. As such, ECAIR says it will continue to sell and honour tickets for the route but Trans Air Congo - TAC will be the operating carrier.

ECAIR also operates regional African as well as international European and Middle Eastern flights using one B757-200 and one B767-300 (both leased from PrivatAir). A B787-8 that was to have been delivered last year, and which will also be operated by the Swiss firm, is still in storage at Roswell.

Source: ch-aviation
André
ex Sabena #26567

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

the word through the grapevine is that it has nothing to do with maintenance and ecair isn't paying their bills with JAF now being comitted to an expensive lease of 2 700's that they dont need :/

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Hello! :)

Will there be Split Scimitar Winglets on the 73H -TUK & -TUV :?:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

TUIfly (TUI NL) increases its luggage surcharges:

http://www.travelpro.nl/2016/07/tuifly- ... uimbagage/

Reply from one Dutch travel agent: "...Het houdt maar niet op met die irritante verhogingen, wat denken die mannen aan de top toch gemakkelijk, het lijken wel banken! Ik probeer al mijn klanten te sturen naar buitenlandse toeroperators die weten vaak nog wel wat service betekent!..." Irritant... They behave like a bank... I book my clients with foreign touroperators because they still know what service means...

By introducing / increasing expensive luggage surcharges, TUIfly will indeed cash in on short term. But many tourists will now regard them as a low cost low budget carrier, and not as their preferential holiday carrier. "Let's book our holiday with TUI" will now be replaced by "where can we save money on our travel budget?".

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

And then they manage to loose your luggage and are unaible to track, although you feed them info with a spoon...

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Hello everybody,
I have some questions about Jetairfly / TUI...

1) Are there other 737s waiting for their Split Scimitar Winglets?

2) Aircraft already repainted in TUI are operated by TUI or still by the respective carrier?
For a concrete example, when I will take a new picture of OO-JDL (already titled "TUI"), should I name the file "TUI Boeing..." or "TUI (Jetairfly) Boeing..." to be correct. ;)

3) Will Jetairfly continue operating as Jetairfly behind the TUI branding or the carrier will return to TUI Airlines Belgium? The 2 last 737s added have been registered OO-TU*, not OO-J**...

GlennOST

Post by GlennOST »

JetairFly / TUI on Facebook is a poor example of how not to handle your customers !.

When respond / question, expect a generic answer that only can come from somebody at a call center in Oostende with NO aviation background.

When questioning to much, your posts are removed.
Feedback can make you better as a company, and should not be pinned to a wall at any office to be used as laughingstock.

Point i try to make that TUI Fly / JetairFly is a dominant player at OST and it shows. Deals can be found, but in general prices are extremely high (Much higher compared to BRU).

We ar not talking about 29 euro deals here, no airline can survive on that. But often it's cheaper to fly (for example) from BRU to the USA compared to OST - LPA.
A FAIR price is often hard to fiend !.

Ryanair had to improve it's product in order to grow, TUI keeps downgrading it's service and upping it's prices and charging for extra's.

But TUI flY is not a real airline anyway, it's used as a tool to offer you a "pakkage holiday".
TUI's interest is double, fly and fill the hotels they have a contract with.
Andy only when the demand is low you can book a cheap flight only (last minute), it's much harder to fiend that Fair price !.

The last 12 month's i have flown Ryanair one time, not my favourite but service improved a lot. The last 3 flights and the next 2 are on Brussels Airlines, not the best but a big step up compared to TUI.
Can only hope more people follow that example so that TUI would stop squeeze the lemon that bad and improve it's product.