Fantastic news!

Looking for a specific safety-card, an aviation magazine or a special aircraft model? Want to sell your stuff? Like to exchange with other members? This is the place for all your aviation hobby-related questions and answers!
sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for info, Serge.

And a warm welcome to Luchtzak!
André
ex Sabena #26567

thomascookie

Post by thomascookie »

when you are at the jump seat in the cockpit the door could be closed the whole flight :wink: :lol: HEHE

I wrote a letter at the captain to when I returned from Malaga with Sobelair and the couldn't allow me during T/O and landing but at cruize level they let me in for a chat. (also after 9/11)

so toy toy toy

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Do i make the chance to get into the cockpit of an AA flight? I think not, but i hope....

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

no u dont, flights to and within USA are completely closed since 9/11, no exeptions.
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

one word, MILJAAR!!

Greetingzz

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

:lol:
Matthias Thoen

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

guys guys guys (and gals),

It is about time to say goodbye to ya all. I closed my bag 5 minutes ago, handluggage is prepared (and ready for take-off) :lol: .

furthermore the following is ready: binoculars + booklet + pen for reg-spotting; digital videocamera for take-off and landing; digital photocamera for .... well, euhm, in between 8)

I wish u all the best and hope to see everyone back in perfect health in about 12 days!

RRRRRRREADY FOR TAKE-OFF? HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

V1 ...... Vr .... V2 AND AIRBORNE.........................................................

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Matthias Thoen

Jense

Post by Jense »

killerwhale65 wrote:no u dont, flights to and within USA are completely closed since 9/11, no exeptions.
That's indeed "a sort of law" from now on..
But before the flights I did within the USA (DEN-PHX-DEN on UA) the cockpit-door was always open before the flight and they closed it just before taxi... 8) :lol:

Anyway... killerwhale65, I hope you'll have a nice vacation :!:
C ya in 12 days 8)

greettzzz

Avro

Post by Avro »

Have a great time Mathias ;) I hope you'll get the B738 !!!

Chris

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

thanks all

according to biac, its gonna be a 734, so no winglets for me :cry:
hopefully on the return a "wingletted" plane :!:
Matthias Thoen

Avro

Post by Avro »

:( :(

Oh yeah one more thing: I hope you'll get the jumpseat ;)

Chris

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Have a nice holiday!

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

rightieright!

and now im really gone cause have to get up at 2 am!

byeeeeee!
Matthias Thoen

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Have a nice trip!

Greetingzz

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

killerwhale65 wrote:no u dont, flights to and within USA are completely closed since 9/11, no exeptions.
Actually, on NW I have always been able to check out the cockpit before or after the flight even after 9/11 (never during flight though). But it may be different on AA.
Onward and Upward...

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

hi every one

I just wanted to take this oportunity to send every luchtzak member a lot of sunny greeting from the beautifull Cyprus. we had a greatholiday here, but unfortunately it ends tonight. we are lucky that we can stay in the appartment till tonight (normally we would have to leave at 12 midday).

I just read about the terminal in Paris in the newspaper from tuesday. Astonishing.

I will return this evening at 23.20 with TUB2352 and land in BRU at 02.35 am tomorrow morning - and i checked out the BIAC site and its gonna be a 738!

cya all then1!!

many cocktails, euhm, i mean greetings,
Matthias Thoen

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

allright, i am back for almost 3 days now, so i think its time for some info about or vacation.

First of all: it was one of the best holidays we ever had. If someone wants a nice vacation, go to Paphos, u will not regret it!

The flights:
* OO-TUA EBBR - LCPH: nutting special happened, exapt maybe that we took off from 07R. Regs, pics and video to follow later. There was no in-flight entertainment!!! Breakfast was ok (criossant). When we arrived an Antonov took off right behind us (should check the vid to see the exact type). For the rest we were the only commercial plane. But a nice collection of bizzers was present.

* return flight was better: OO-VAS 737-800 (YES!!!!). It was a night flight.
Check in was really slow (they were writing all kinds of things down by hand), my bag was slightly overloaded (21.4Kg in stead of the allowed 20) - but that seemed to be no problem, or they didnt notice.
When i went through the metal-detector, it didnt beep for me, but they found something strange in my camera-bag (through the X-rays). So they opened the 2 little side bags and looked what was in there (batteries, empty cassette for the video and thats it i think), and said it was ok. Strange feeling if they do that to you 8)
Paphos seems to be good for spotting, since there is a rather large terrace once u passed through customs. It has a fence, but with big holes inside where the lens of my cammera just fitted in. Since it was already dark, taking pics was difficult, but i tried my best. Pics and regs to follow later.
OO-VAS is a very nice plane (of course), looking really modern and clean inside. Also a lot of leg-space. Something very unusual was that during almost the whole flight there were no clouds, not even in Belgium. So the visibility was excellent, and we had a good look on some nice cities at night (f.e. Istanbul, Frankfurt ...).
Then our meal. I think i might call in TUI Bistro, cause it was the best in flight meal i ever had!!! Thats a big applause for TUI. It consisted of a hot meal (pasta-things filled with meat and a vegetable sauce over it), a nice bread, a super delicous Oriental vegetable-salad, and an even more delicious apple pie.
Landing at 2.35 am at 25L. But i dont think anybody will have woken up from our plane landing, cause we didnt use the reverse thrust (probably a measure for night flights)! Only manual braking, and i can tell u that the brakes of OO-VAS are very good. We broke so very damn hard, that i heard my bag in the locker above me sliding all the way to the front of the locker, some 3 seats in front of me. We even managed to vacate at C4, and that without reversers!!!
When u get outside the airport terminal, at the arrivals level, it was so very quite. Only three cars. Thats the place where there its normally so damn busy and noisy from cars and taxi's and other stuff. But now soooo quite and peacefull. Strange feeling :)

Crew was entirely Flemish on both flights, also the 4 pilots were Flemmish, and they made very good announcements.

So summerize, i can reccomend both TUI Airlines Belgium and a vacation to Paphos to everyone!
Matthias Thoen