Best spotting-days at OST?

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

EB-Air

Best spotting-days at OST?

Post by EB-Air »

Hello,

from next week I'm on holiday for 2 weeks, and will stay at Oostduinkerke... Not that far away from Ostend, so I do intend going over there, if my wife and son permit me :wink:

So my question to the "die-hard-OST-spotters" is: what are the best days and hours for spotting?

Thanks!
Ben

SAH9101

Post by SAH9101 »

As Ostend is mainly a cargo and charter airport, it's very hard to say what are the best days for spotting. I suggest that you check teletext (page 383) every morning and make a decision, based on that info.

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

SAH9101 wrote:As Ostend is mainly a cargo and charter airport, it's very hard to say what are the best days for spotting. I suggest that you check teletext (page 383) every morning and make a decision, based on that info.

check the timetable on teletext several times a day, because sometimes the schedule changes ... which modern airport puts his 'incomplete" schedule on teletext anyway :roll:

Boeing707

Post by Boeing707 »

Still the old good way of settling matters ! :D
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=320407
In fact, when you see something appearing on finals, just take it or leave it. Remember a day when a trio of diversions showed up within 15 minutes. Don't think those ones were on the teletext ... :lol:
Alain