V Bird's bankruptcy

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

vbirdweblog wrote:Still 24 hours to go for V-bird.. They first said that the result would be published at 18:00 uur, but now they say it will take another 24 hours..
Thanks for the update Vbirdweblog, I checked your weblog this afternoon. Do you work for V-Bird?

Anyway keep us informed.

vbirdweblog

Post by vbirdweblog »

luchtzak wrote:
vbirdweblog wrote:Still 24 hours to go for V-bird.. They first said that the result would be published at 18:00 uur, but now they say it will take another 24 hours..
Thanks for the update Vbirdweblog, I checked your weblog this afternoon. Do you work for V-Bird?

Anyway keep us informed.
Nope, i'm just a fan of V-bird :P.
I will post the developments here :).

besj

V-Bird negotiations

Post by besj »

This really reminds me about what happened in Sweden when Goodjet went bankrupt. The flights were cancelled, negotiations started with Dutch investors (at that time I think it was Air Holland), lot of talk about the marketing investment in the brand and a few days later everything was history... :frown:
Edited for spelling...
Last edited by besj on 13 Oct 2004, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

vbirdweblog

Post by vbirdweblog »

Tomorrow at 12:00 we finally know what will happen with V-bird!

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Could be there is good news for people with a ticket: the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel) announces that the trade court of Maastricht temporary protects V-Bird from their debtors: the court has allowed surséance (concorcaat/concordat in Belgium, Chapter 11 in the States).

www.kvk.nl : V-Bird in surséance van betaling

MAASTRICHT, 12 oktober 2004 - Luchtvaartmaatschappij V-Bird is uitstel van betaling verleend door de rechtbank in Maastricht. Er wordt nog altijd onderhandeld met investeerders zodat de noodlijdende maatschappij wellicht een doorstart kan maken. V-Bird kampt met een schuldenlast van circa vijftien miljoen euro.

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

were just gone............. a former v-bird employee............

vbirdweblog

Post by vbirdweblog »

?? It's over?

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

A318 wrote: Don't think so since their Airbusses are already in Canada if that last info is correct.
Your info is correct, I found these on A.net

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/690598/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/690597/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/690596/L/

henkjan99

Post by henkjan99 »

This last post isn't right. IF the photo's are taken in Canada then the information IS correct!!!
But I've heard it isn't true and they're still in Shannon. I read somewhere on the internet. A spokesman of VBird said this.

Avro

Post by Avro »

henkjan99 wrote:This last post isn't right. IF the photo's are taken in Canada then the information IS correct!!!
But I've heard it isn't true and they're still in Shannon. I read somewhere on the internet. A spokesman of VBird said this.
It clearly says on the pictures that they've been taken in Canada, Winnipeg - International (YWG / CYWG) to be precise.

Chris

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

V-Bird has been declared bankrupt by the Dutch court of Maastricht.

Discussion with ExelAviationGroup (EAG) to take over the company ended unsuccessful as the debts where too high for EAG.

Spokesman Ocky Wiemeyer explains that discussions with other interested companies are 'active' and some of them are willing to re-start with V-Bird's activities.

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?id=5909

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

I just received the following information from RTLZ:

- V Bird has a debt of 40 Million;
- The V Bird spokesman has not denied, neither confirmed that there are negotiations with Erik de Vlieger/ Exel aviation;

This made me wonder, because I thought they had a debt between 10 to 15 million, and that Erik de Vlieger was not interested in V Bird. :confused:

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

so as told before, it`s over! all employees received a letter from the management. our security cards for niederrhein and maastricht airport don`t work anymore and next week we get some time to collect our personal stuff from the offices ( like photo`s etc )....it`s over

landin

Post by landin »

:?:
Imagine you have tickets for the end of december .....
what are the REAL chances of getting to your destination with v-bird?

a quite confused "passenger"

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

landin wrote::?:

0,000001%

Sorry, but as V-Bird says, it's all over ...
Rest In Peace V-Bird, you were an amazing airline!

MKAirlines

Post by MKAirlines »

landin wrote::?:

Hello,

I can Understand that you are angry about losing your money etc.
but please wait a bit and maybe you will be able to fly again the chances are limited but you never know

And Vbird chin up mate hope you will find a new job soon :wink:

Greetings

landin

Post by landin »

Hello,
NO, i am not really angry but confused and thinking on how to solve my problem: arrive to my destination in december and get my money back.

i dont really see the point of waiting anylonger. it is really sad but i dont think that vbird will be taken over by another compay and if they are, will my tickets still be valid??????

Is it worthy to call the vbird information number to ask for a solution to my problem??

will they help me or will it be an answering machine saying that they are really sorry?

is virgin the only company offering "special fares" for vbird passengers at this moment??

Thanks,

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

BAD NEWS : V-Bird has been declared bankrupt on 14th October. So there won't be any chance to recover something from them.

This is the report in the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf - sorry once again, only available in Dutch (I've also found this news on www.kvk.nl = the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.)

Luchtvaartmaatschappij V-Bird failliet verklaard - 14 okt 2004

MAASTRICHT - De rechtbank in Maastricht heeft luchtvaartmaatschappij V-Bird failliet verklaard. De schuldenlast is inmiddels opgelopen tot ongeveer 39 miljoen euro. Voor de 191 werknemers wordt ontslag aangevraagd. Curator B. Meijs heeft dit donderdag bekendgemaakt. Hij blijft er naar streven om het bedrijf in afgeslankte vorm voort te zetten. Daarover wordt nog overlegd met een serieuze overnamekandidaat. Meijs verwacht daarover begin volgende week meer duidelijkheid. V-Bird annuleerde onlangs onverwacht alle vluchten. Daardoor werden naar schatting 3000 reizigers gedupeerd.

Het faillissement betekent het einde van de bestaande onderneming. Als de gesprekken met de potentiële overnamekandidaat gunstig verlopen, blijft de werkgelegenheid voor een substantieel deel van het personeel behouden, verwacht Meijs. De schuld bestaat volgens hem uit drie onderdelen. De gewone schuldeisers hebben 22 miljoen tegoed van het bedrijf, aan belasting en sociale premies moet nog 2 miljoen worden afgedragen en tot slot heeft het bedrijf nog 15 miljoen geleend van participanten en investeerders.

V-Bird is een zogenoemde prijsvechter. De maatschappij onderhield een groot aantal lijndiensten vanaf het nieuwe vliegveld Düsseldorf-Weeze, het vroegere Niederrhein, vlak over de grens in Duitsland. Het bedrijf verkeerde al langer in financiële problemen. Recente gesprekken tussen V-Bird en de ExelAviationGroup van investeerder Erik de Vlieger leverden niets op. Het is onbekend hoe het plan voor een eventuele doorstart er uitziet. Het is evenmin duidelijk over welke toestellen V-Bird nog kan beschikken. Het bedrijf maakte gebruik van vliegtuigen van een Amerikaanse onderneming die ze aan de prijsvechter verhuurde.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

landin wrote:is virgin the only company offering "special fares" for vbird passengers at this moment??
It was mentioned elsewhere that Germania and easyJet were also helping stranded V-Bird pax with special fares.
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

sn26567 wrote:
landin wrote:is virgin the only company offering "special fares" for vbird passengers at this moment??
It was mentioned elsewhere that Germania and easyJet were also helping stranded V-Bird pax with special fares.
And SAS too.