spotting facilities @ Brussels .... help us !

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Comet

Post by Comet »

Somewhere within the airport complex would be good, preferably not somewhere you can only get to with a damned car!

Birmingham has an indoor spotting area in its terminal one, Manchester has a crappy one on top of a car park, the Heathrow one is well placed but closed!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Hasjie

Post by Hasjie »

If you have a spotting area in the airport complex you'll have to pay if you want to park your car

Grtzzz
Thomas :twisted:

Comet

Post by Comet »

I don't have a car and I don't drive, so parking wouldn't apply to me!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

thomascookie

Post by thomascookie »

You can surely count on me , every spotter has to join it
Go rutger Go

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Think this is a very good idea! Long time there where rumours of something being done for local spotters, but it never happened!

Next time I go spotting at DUS or AMS, I will make some pictures of spotting facilities there, this may help!

Andries

Post by Andries »

BIAC will not allow a spot where there's only a single fence ... it will allways be a double fence because of safety-regulations. I think the best thing we can get is some sort of hill with the fence at the bottom, so it does not appear on our pictures.

I do agree on the spot where 25L/07R an 02 cross ... would be great !!!

Greetz,

CanonFreak
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Avro

Post by Avro »

Count me in, it sounds like a great idea 8)

As for the ideas, well as CanonFreak allready mentioned, the fence will have to stay due to security reasons !

I don't think that we might get a small "hill" to be able to spot over the fence, because this would again be an easy access for "terrorist", it's a terrible world we live in today :cry:

This is my idea :idea:

Why don't they some kind of hill ike allready said but where you need a memer card to be able to spot. That will enable biac to control which person are allowed to spot and the ones which are not.

Greetz
Chris
8)

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Why don't they some kind of hill ike allready said but where you need a memer card to be able to spot. That will enable biac to control which person are allowed to spot and the ones which are not.
Indeed, nice idea ! Maybe they can make money of it by asking a "monthly" or "yearly" price for the badge :?:

Regards,
Rutger
Tot hier en verder

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Personally I'd prefer two spots, something like the famous spot at RWY 06-24 at AMS.

The first one would be placed at 25L, the other betwee DHL and Abelag at 25R.

However, looking at the way traffic flows will evolve because of the new plan, I'd hate to have a spotting parc where no traffic passes by...

About the security resons for the double fences: at AMS they have many places with only a water river between public roads and the airport territory. Or, lokking at the 06-24 spot, there you only have a 1.5 meter high single metal fence. And, pardon me, but I think that if AMS management thinks that's fine, it should be possible to do the very same thing at BRU.

Ivan

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Apuneger wrote:
About the security resons for the double fences: at AMS they have many places with only a water river between public roads and the airport territory. Or, lokking at the 06-24 spot, there you only have a 1.5 meter high single metal fence.
In Orlando ( FL ) there are lots of places without fences, only a small river but in those waters are alligators 8O
Perhaps an idea for Brussels, free guards :wink:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Hasjie

Post by Hasjie »

That would be great indeed but i don't think they will alow such things :(
the idea of a small hill with double/single fence is realisable i guess

Grtzzz
Thomas :twisted:

website-info

Post by website-info »

Gents (and Ladies of course)

I've been away a bit lately and am just catching up on this. Seems everyone is for it except BIAC, as some of you have tried contacting them to no avail. Well I don't promise anything (yet) but I have good contacts with them right now, because I am discussing opening an aviation shop at the airport, so maybe we can get together someplace/sometime soon and discuss what we want, where we want it (knowing BIAC - what we would be prepared to pay for it) and I will gladly take it further, what do you think Airbus Fan, shall we get everyone together, or at least get the petition going. I will make an appointment the week after next with BIAC to open discussions (based on my shop invitation). I ahve the experience in dealing with the airports, I was involved in the Mach 3 store that used to be on the Queens Building in LHR, until Mr Blair and the BAA gave in and rolled over for the Americans

Keep this topic live, I will print it out in 2 weeks as a kickoff to my discussion, and will include the older newspaper articles as well

Rgds
Tony
www.eps-aviation.com

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Wow Tony that sounds like great news to me! Thank you for supporting us in this matter.

About your shop, where would it be (public zone?)? And what kinds of stuff would u sell there? That sounds really really fantastic to me!
Last edited by killerwhale65 on 10 Mar 2004, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Wow, sound realy cool Tony :!: I realy hope we finally get some nice spotting facilities here at BRU :!: .

We will shure keep the topic alive (that's wat I hope :wink: )
Keep this topic live, I will print it out in 2 weeks as a kickoff to my discussion, and will include the older newspaper articles as well
We will shure keep the topic alive (that's wat I hope :wink: )

Kind regards,
Rutger
Tot hier en verder

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

You can count on me too !

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

what do you think Airbus Fan, shall we get everyone together, or at least get the petition going
I think we can start a petition in a few days.

But where can we get most people together? In the Airport building itself? Or maybe the meeting room :?:

Please give me further idea's :!:

Regards,
Rutger
Tot hier en verder

Hasjie

Post by Hasjie »

istn it possible to make a little poll?
Luchtak wrote that he was going to make something like that :?:
maybe you could make a little poll on the right side of the site?

Grtzzz
Thomas

Andries

Post by Andries »

Airbus_fan wrote:
what do you think Airbus Fan, shall we get everyone together, or at least get the petition going
I think we can start a petition in a few days.

But where can we get most people together? In the Airport building itself? Or maybe the meeting room :?:

Please give me further idea's :!:

Regards,
Rutger
I don't think the average passenger will be interested in an observationdeck, so I don't think you'll have much succes in the airport itself ...

I think the best places to go is where all the spotters go : kortenberg, asielcentrum, 02, ... especially on sunday's

Greetz,

:twisted: CanonFreak :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Now did any one of you allready noticed that they are planning to build a fence around the so-called 'mosselbank' ? Spottingplace C: https://www.aviation24.be/article50.html

I saw bulldozers working on the terrain too and they where constructing the fence. So no more spotting at the 'mosselbank' then ?

greetz,

Bart
:rock:

Avro

Post by Avro »

luchtzak wrote:Now did any one of you allready noticed that they are planning to build a fence around the so-called 'mosselbank' ? Spottingplace C: https://www.aviation24.be/article50.html

I saw bulldozers working on the terrain too and they where constructing the fence. So no more spotting at the 'mosselbank' then ?
The last time I went to the Mosselbank there were allready beton blocks !!

This definately has to end :!:

We've allready lost enough traffic @ BRU, and now they want to take us the spottingplaces away :evil: :evil:

Greetz
Chris
Last edited by Avro on 10 Mar 2004, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.