Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Re: Etihad with A340-600 on day 4 to Brussels Airport

Post by luchtzak »

I am very happy that the luchtzak-community responded very well to our 'new member' cleared-to-land, as I can see from his e-mailadress he is not that very new to our website. He/she will know what I mean and by this message it's his first warning out of 3 (as per forum rules) 8-)

Now back to the topic: I am also looking forward to see an Airbus A340-600 at Brussels Airport!

regi

Post by regi »

The new shedules and the anounced A343 are for us a very big disappointment. We fell into the trap of Connections, believing their website advertisement that said that if you book far in advance you get a Coral Plus seat ( 37 inch seat pitch and 1 seat less abrest ) Only available on the flight between Brussels and Abu Dhabi.
We booked and paid in September and had the Coral Plus seats immediately booked.
But first there was the resheduling, resulting in a extra connection flight and the loss of the Coral Plus seat.
With the arrival of the A343 instead of the A330 in April, there will be no more Coral Plus seats at all.
Any friendly question to Connections was well answered, but with negative result. They blame Etihad that is free to change shedules, seating plans etcetera. Right, I know that. And I do also blame Etihad that they could not provide a very small compensation such as admission into the busines class lounge for the small stop over of just 2 hours.
But Connections is also to blame . They advertised this scam. And didn't give any warning about possible changes. ( it was me who discovered it through the anouncement on this forum and the Connections staff was completely unaware ) This was my first purchase at Connections because Joker Travel could not offer those Coral Plus seating. I am disappointed and feel betrayed. For the same money I had better connections through Turkish Airlines with wider seats ( the A343 and A330 of Etihad are famous because of the very small seats as with Emirates . The B777 from Abu Dhabi onwards is much more comfortable ) Swissair did also have comparable prices.
Conclusion: I made a mistake to purchase from Connections instead of my usual suppliers Joker or Airstop.
I am looking forward to make something positive out of my upcoming Etihad flights. Report will follow, probably on airlinequality as usual.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

regi wrote:the anounced A343
Did they announce A343? What route? I can't find anything on Amadeus for this summer...

Zealot

Post by Zealot »

zteven wrote:Well this would be very cool!

Looking forward to work with this type of plane.

Greetz

Steven
Isn't handling for etihad performed by flightcare ?

zteven

Post by zteven »

Nope, Aviapartner handling for Ethiad!

Greetz

Steven

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Since 01.01.09, Etihad entered the Dutch market via GSA Kales Airline services.

Goal is to attract as much clients for their flights. So also for their flights on Brussels Airport.
Brussels Airport is much cheaper for Dutch travellers because of the Dutch aviation tax. That's why there is a new shuttleservice between Utrecht, Rotterdam and Breda to Brussels Airport. The Shuttleservice is free of charges when Dutch travellers book between 10.01 and 30.03.

Good job.