Chinese Vice President visiting Brussels in October

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Chinese Vice President visiting Brussels in October

Post by Atlantis »

The Chinese prime minister, Hu Jintao, is going to visit Brussels and this for two main reasons:

1) Europalia

2) the first stone for a Chinese hotel.

The second reason is the reason why I start up this topic. The Hainan Group is going to invest in the Sodehotel in Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe. The Hainan Group will invest 19 million euro in this hotel to extend it for its own travellers.

Months ago Charles Piqué, Benoît Cerexhe, Premier Van Rompuy and former minister of foreign affairs Karel De Gucht were contacted about this event. BTW, Brussels is contra this project so first a lot of problems has to be solved (how can you be against travellers who will spend some hours in your city and above all they are going to sleep in your city = money -> strange attitude of the Brussels capital).

We all know that Hainan wanted to start up a second route to BRU and this ex-Shangai with their A340-600. There were in that time problems with the leasing of those aircraft. They are solved now but Hainan gave priority to start up first some lines to the US.

Maybe we will see soon a second Hainan at BRU or a connection via Beijing.

We will see.
Last edited by sn26567 on 09 Oct 2009, 17:34, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Title corrected

tangolima

Re: Chinese premier visiting Brussels in October

Post by tangolima »

Hello,

Then he will come probably with a Air China B747.
Mostly he takes a B747 of Air China.
Last time i knew he visited Prague with a B747 of Air China so hopefully.

Greetings,
Kristof
All my posted timings are local !

jan_olieslagers

Re: Chinese premier visiting Brussels in October

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Atlantis wrote:Months ago Charles Piqué, Benoît Cerexhe, Premier Van Rompuy and former minister of foreign affairs Karl De Gucht were contacted about this event. BTW, Brussels is contra this project so first a lot of problems has to be solved (how can you be against travellers who will spend some hours in your city and above all they are going to sleep in your city = money -> strange attitude of the Brussels capital).
I can't help wondering if they remembered the story of the very classy Chinese hotel in Antwerp that now became Radisson SAS ...? though it would be very rare indeed to see Belgian politicians learning from earlier mistakes -- oops there I go about politics again, sorry - ...

BTW Mr De Gucht is called Karel, I think, not Karl.

For myself I think Europalia is the main attraction for the Chines and I can't blame them. Absolute leaders are always glad for public attention and here they get it offered on a silver dish! But that's politics again, perhaps.

Atlantis

Re: Chinese prime minister visiting Brussels in October

Post by Atlantis »

And the Chinese Prime Minister has landed today at Brussels Airport.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

B-2447
Attachments
Copy of IMG_0240b-ls.jpg
Copy of _MG_0245b-1024-sl.jpg

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Could Air China be a future BRU visitor? I see that they are Star Alliance member. Maybe instead of Hainan?

(And then I have finally a good reason to fly to China: to earn miles :mrgreen:)

SN539

Post by SN539 »

Does anybody know when this nice bird is supposed to leave Brussels ?

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

It was still there (near Abelag) this morning ...

sn_rj85

Post by sn_rj85 »

small mistake: it's not the prime minister Hu Jintao but the vice-prime minister Xi Jinping who is in BRU for europalia, according to various newschannels

:geek:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

sn_rj85 wrote:small mistake: it's not the prime minister Hu Jintao but the vice-prime minister Xi Jinping who is in BRU for europalia, according to various newschannels

:geek:
Confirmed, it's indeed Xi Jinping. He is named as the next Chinese president.

regi

Re: Chinese vice premier visiting Brussels in October

Post by regi »

a contract of 8 billion euro for solar energy is also nice enough . It doesn't always have to be a contract for airplanes, a high speed train, nuclear power stations or a fleet of combat jets.

in Dutch:

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/3324/Finan ... ract.dhtml
Vlaams bedrijf zonne-energie strikt Chinees supercontract
Het jonge Waregemse groenestroombedrijf Enfinity zal twee grootschalige zonne-energieprojecten ontwikkelen in China. Dat schrijft De Morgen. Dat gebeurt in samenwerking met een groot Chinees staatsbedrijf. Met de projecten is naar schatting 8 miljard euro gemoeid, gespreid over tien jaar.

De contracten werden deze week ondertekend in aanwezigheid van de Chinese vicepresident Xi Jinping en premier Van Rompuy. Enfinity en het Chinese staatsbedrijf gaan de komende tien jaar twee zonne-energieprojecten opzetten van telkens 2.000 megawattpiek, in de regio Ningxia en in de provincie Qinghai. (belga/adv)