Condor vs TUI Belgium Airlines economic class leg room

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

sergioboeing

Condor vs TUI Belgium Airlines economic class leg room

Post by sergioboeing »

Dear All,

I will go next winter (February 2013) in Punta Cana and since TCA/TUI long haul contract is not extended, I wonder how is the leg room in the Economic class of Condor?

Anyone tried?

Thanks,
Sergioboeing
Best regards,
Sergioboeing

JAFflyer

Re: Condor vs TUI Belgium Airlines economic class leg room

Post by JAFflyer »

All I can find is that Condor fits 270 seats and JAF 257 seats in their 767-300ER's...
Beware that with the TC product, you have to make a transfer stop in Frankfurt, which could cost you some time.

Grtz!

citybirdva

Post by citybirdva »

Heya,

You can't compare them by the amount of seats in the cabin... JAF might have more "Comfort seats" which take more space and leave less space for economy seats. You should compare the seat pith. On board the Condor B767s you have in fact 3 classes:

- 18 Comfort Class seats (seat pitch 49" or 125cm)
- 35 Premium Economy seats (seat pitch 37" or 94cm) (comparable to JAF's Comfort seats... correct me if wrong)
- 217 Economy seats (seat pitch 31" or 79cm)

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I thought JAF's seat pith on the B767 in Economy is 30".

I flew Condor last winter to Mombasa (in economy) and returned with JAF. I must admit I got a better service in economy on Condor than in comfort on JAF. I also preferred the comfort and clean modern look of Condor's refurbished B777-style cabin (not sure if all B767s already got the new cabin/seats).

I wouldn't regard the stopover in FRA as an inconvenience. TC also offers more flexibility (I think 6-7 flights a week from FRA). Beware that the JAF flight might stopover in MBJ or CUN or... Also consider departure hours and actual holiday time at your destination.

Grtz
Last edited by citybirdva on 13 Jul 2012, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

Included in a holiday package, you can use also other airlines. Did you consider for example Arke Fly, out of Amsterdam? Or Air Berlin (Holidays)?

sergioboeing

Post by sergioboeing »

Thank you all!
Sergioboeing
Best regards,
Sergioboeing