Jetairfly seat pitch

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
air belgium

Jetairfly seat pitch

Post by air belgium »

I will fly with a Jetairfly boeing 737-800 to Tenerife.
Does anyone knows the seat pitch for the seats and
also for the exit rows above the wings?
Many thanks!

sean1982

Re: Jetairfly seat pitch

Post by sean1982 »

seat pitch is quite good at JAF due to the recaro seats. I don't know the exact pitch but I could quite comfortably cross my legs and still not touch the seat in front with my knees on the B738. And I'm 1m82

Mathieu

Post by Mathieu »

Pitch : 30"
Seat width : 18"
;)

air belgium

Post by air belgium »

Thanks for the information.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Oh, didn't know they had a seat pitch!

;-)

Stij

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

Stij wrote:Oh, didn't know they had a seat pitch!

;-)

Stij
Huh...Jetairfly cares a lot about their passengers. What a dumb comment.
Yes, it's so called charter or low cost or whatever, but I prefer to fly with JAF than with any belgian airline. They only have NG's in the fleet now and 3 new -800s will come in 2013, with the cozy sky interior.

But of course, you can always rent a private jet...

SN_forever

Post by SN_forever »

Yes and JAF have also the worst service and most incompetent Cabin crew... Only 10% of them speak French.. Ooh and I'm sorry I forgot, but I do have to mention there are very young and beautiful!

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

Why worst service? I flew a couple of times in B. Flex and I found it worse than JAF...
JAF is an excellent airline in my humble opinion!

citybirdva

Post by citybirdva »

An “excellent” airline kept afloat with the money of young inexperienced naive ab initios. JAF might care a lot about their pax... if they would only care as much about their (future) employees (of course there are exceptions)...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

citybirdva wrote:An “excellent” airline kept afloat with the money of young inexperienced naive ab initios. JAF might care a lot about their pax... if they would only care as much about their (future) employees (of course there are exceptions)...
hear hear

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

citybirdva wrote:An “excellent” airline kept afloat with the money of young inexperienced naive ab initios. JAF might care a lot about their pax... if they would only care as much about their (future) employees (of course there are exceptions)...
Is there an airline that really cares about its employees right now?
(Besides those who have no choice due to pilot unions...)

Anyway, it has nothing to do with passenger comfort, seat pitch, or airline profitability (you can reduce costs that way but you certainly don't make millions that easily...).

cnc

Post by cnc »

SN_forever wrote:Yes and JAF have also the worst service and most incompetent Cabin crew... Only 10% of them speak French.. Ooh and I'm sorry I forgot, but I do have to mention there are very young and beautiful!
could you name one CCM that is incompetent and doesn't speak french?
i know most of the girls and none of them are incompetent and don't speak dutch, french and english

Novastar

Post by Novastar »

and there we go again

Why does a topic where the TS ask about JAF seat pitch is hijacked by people bashing the airline ?
Could it just be that people, for example, using the name SN_Forever are not entirely objective ?

Still, please keep on topic :?
Flown: A319 / 320 / 321 / 350 - B737 / 757 / 767 / 777 / 787 - MD11 - Fokker 50 - Fairchild SA-227

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Speaking from experience, and quite a lot of it... Mr., Ms. Or Mrs. SN-Forever... I call bullshit on your statement.
While JAF does not exactly provide the service if. BA or Qatar does, those people are not their intended audience. You can't expect to have a Ferrari for the price of a Beetle. Of course, it sounds like you DO expect this, in which case this discussion is over, because you're the type of person which can't be reasoned with.
Thomas

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

A lot of respons for a little topic..

Could it be just that SN_forever was right, with his -maybe- little JAF experience..
Never had a problem with JAF , but yes .. they are young and some of them euhhh.. beautiful haha
Altough with the looks.. they can't beat my youngest experience with Flysmaland haha ( oops off-topic )..
( Only had a little issue that children travelling alone on a JAF plane long-haul do get very very little attention they need from the JAF-crew.. really horrible.. but this was my one-time experience on 6 JAF Lhaul flights, so I can't compare // and yes they can have bad contracts for their employees,but that's another topic )

Now., just with FR and JAF, you get what you pay for..
And in comparison with bFlex sometimes you don't get it .. ( small snack haha on less than 2 hours flights..)

I had last week the most horrible experience with a pursor of SN, he couldn't speak dutch nor french nor english,.. he mixed everything up, was very very choatic and nervous.. I really believe that not a single pax had understood the saftey-procedures and the welcome-word.. ( Feeling like Fawlty Towers Airlines.. )
And yes,I reported this at SN ..

But as I had much more good experiences with SN than this time, I can't conclude that 10 percent off SN..
10 percent off my experience..

Lot of reactions, now I brought up FR,let's see for more hahaa

Ohh... besides.. seat pitch on JAF 738 is in my experience decent,..
thanks to the new thin recaro seat.. which are very hard,with a hard-plastic place on the upper part of the seat,where the safety card and the magazine is.. so don't expect putting more in it like a extra book/magazine.. because it's simply not possible... wanna a great seat ??
Fly SN old AVRO 100 or B737 and enjoy your flight with the best old seats hahaha

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Novastar wrote:and there we go again

Why does a topic where the TS ask about JAF seat pitch is hijacked by people bashing the airline ?
Could it just be that people, for example, using the name SN_Forever are not entirely objective ?

Still, please keep on topic :?
I couldn't agree more. Please keep on topic!!!
cathay belgium wrote:Fly SN old AVRO 100 or B737 and enjoy your flight with the best old seats
I wouldn't call the Virgin Express B737 old seats comfortable: seat pitch (except in he first 5 rows) is less than on the JAF B738!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sai

Post by Sai »

cathay belgium wrote: Now., just with FR and JAF, you get what you pay for..
And in comparison with bFlex sometimes you don't get it .. ( small snack haha on less than 2 hours flights..)
Actually when I fly medium haul or inside Europe I often fly with BA instead of JAF because they were cheaper most of the times. Maybe I was just lucky :D
I really like to fly both actually, but I do have to say economy sevice (only service) in JAF is more value to me then BA Bflex. Bflex I always got a tiny snack, 1 soft and a hot drink...JAF a meal, hot drinks, several soft drinks and they pass most of the times with extra water...BA is more like most scheduled airlines (in economy): "if you want another drink, go get it yourself" :) ...

On topic: JAF just has newer planes with the new thin seats which are 'quite' confortable for me (I'm 1,82)...and they have moving maps on the screens (still don't get why BA doesn't have them on medium haul fleet?)
About the seatpitch: The seatpitch is a little bit higher on BA but most of the times I tend to have more space because their planes are most of the time only half full...so yes that's more comfortable to me

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Sai wrote: I do have to say economy sevice (only service) in JAF is more value to me then BA Bflex. Bflex I always got a tiny snack, 1 soft and a hot drink...JAF a meal, hot drinks, several soft drinks and they pass most of the times with extra water
Euh, JAF is a no service charter airline, unless you book a supplementary meal, isn't it?

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

cathay belgium wrote: they can't beat my youngest experience with Flysmaland haha ( oops off-topic )..
Are we going to get a trip report from your ATP flight and / or the RJ flight to Stockholm?

It was you going for the "all British" adventure in Scandinavia, right?

I am most curious, I must admit!

Sai

Post by Sai »

Inquirer wrote:
Sai wrote: I do have to say economy sevice (only service) in JAF is more value to me then SN Bflex. Bflex I always got a tiny snack, 1 soft and a hot drink...JAF a meal, hot drinks, several soft drinks and they pass most of the times with extra water
Euh, JAF is a no service charter airline, unless you book a supplementary meal, isn't it?
Indeed, so service on board medium/short haul is exactly the same as SN, no? JAF 'buy on board' = SN Blight, JAF economy with meal and drinks in between, SN flex = JAF comfort service with the fast lane security, lounge acces, alcohol, upgraded meals, newspapers, etc, etc. 'On board' service-wise I don't see much difference, don't you agree? Long-haul service and seat-pitch is another story offcourse, but not really comparable ;)
Last edited by Sai on 28 Sep 2012, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.