short flight report BRU-AGP-BRU with SN in C-class

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sean1982

Re: short flight report BRU-AGP-BRU with SN in C-class

Post by sean1982 »

tolipanebas wrote:Indeed,
the 4 different products are all successfully rolled out now, but not all the add-ons are in place yet.
What you see as pre-selection of meals in biz&class is just the tip of the iceberg.
Expect much more options and add-ons to be added to biz&class as well to also the other classes in the coming months, and this is not only limited to just food, btw.
The difference between flying SN or flying just another airline is going to be very noticable right from the start... and not by selling a covered walkway as a product improvement to premium passengers... ROTFL. ;)
Yeah very noticable as proven by this "happy pax report"! LMFAO :lol:

b-west

Post by b-west »

tolipanebas wrote:Indeed,
the 4 different products are all successfully rolled out now, but not all the add-ons are in place yet.
What you see as pre-selection of meals in biz&class is just the tip of the iceberg.
Expect much more options and add-ons to be added to biz&class as well to also the other classes in the coming months, and this is not only limited to just food, btw.
Pre-selection is a nice thing, but for many business class (honestly, who came up with that biz&class rubbish name) passengers it is just not practical. Besides, the meal should be good for the ones who didn't think of preselecting it. And that is currently not the case, nor has it been in the last two years. Again, a shame if you compare this to the incredible business class served on long haul.

eurojet

Post by eurojet »

Like on LX and LH, in C-on European flights, we don't ask for pre-selected meals (to troublesome) , not a single business traveller will ask this. We are already happy with the choice between 2 options on the plane itself, which was now not even the case at SN

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

b-west wrote: Pre-selection is a nice thing, but for many business class (honestly, who came up with that biz&class rubbish name) passengers it is just not practical. Besides, the meal should be good for the ones who didn't think of preselecting it.
When you do not preselect a meal, the system will do a selection for you and it takes into account your past flights and selections. Other than that: it's really a matter of taste; some people want simple things because "those are good for all", while others say "not again".
But in case it's still not to your liking, there's always the lounge of course: as from the 24th of October, our newly revamped business lounge reopens (not the temporary one in the basement) and I can tell you it's much much bigger and much better than before, fully adapted for our future growth at BRU over the coming years. ;)

b-west

Post by b-west »

Well, I hope the system will not preselect this for me again. That was just sad. No matter what your taste is.

b720

Post by b720 »

yes, but are they serving warm dishes at the new lounge? It was always mini sandwiches, selection of pre packed cheese and bread rolls.. warm soup..and croissants & pain au chocolat in the morning.. This is not an OK selection for pax booked on C flights, paid EUR 1000 (intra EURopean) nor enough for those who paid EUR 3000 and above for Long Haul in C class..

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

b-west wrote:Well, I hope the system will not preselect this for me again. That was just sad. No matter what your taste is.
I am suddenly feeling a bit like a peasant now, because after the pasta salad which I really like, that's the second dish which looks more than ok too me too? Don't take this badly, but aren't some a bit too snobistic?
95% of our fellow travelers have never been served anything like that on board.
Good to hear the upstairs lounge reopens soon: that one downstairs was not really great indeed.
Any more news on what it will feature?
Thanks.

b-west

Post by b-west »

Inquirer wrote:
b-west wrote:Well, I hope the system will not preselect this for me again. That was just sad. No matter what your taste is.
I am suddenly feeling a bit like a peasant now, because after the pasta salad which I really like, that's the second dish which looks more than ok too me too? Don't take this badly, but aren't some a bit too snobistic?
Well, if a ticket is that expensive, I guess it's only right to have higher expectations. And you didn't taste it, trust me, it was not nice ;)
When I travel on a cheap economy ticket, I know my expectations towards catering, if there is any at all, should be lowered as well.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Inquirer wrote: Any more news on what it will feature?
This is how it's described in the Miles & More news topic about the new lounge:
As part of our promise to deliver a unique and memorable customer experience, we have completed works on our new flagship lounge in Pier A at Brussels Airport. Due to open by end of this month, our new business lounge is four times larger and will offer new levels of care, comfort and innovation, together with a clear Belgian identity. Our premium guests will enjoy exclusive and inspiring spaces in which to relax or be productive, as well as unique “nap boxes” in which to rest and bathrooms with a mood-setting system.

The state-of-the-art lounge concept is an experience not to be missed. The new physical features of the lounge will be linked to a unique platform, offering lounge guests a range of digital features, from a dedicated “Connected Lounge” application to large immersive touchscreens inside the lounge.
It's all still a bit vague, but I think that's exactly their intention, they don't want to give away too much before the opening next week.
Last edited by RoMax on 16 Oct 2014, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Inquirer wrote:
Good to hear the upstairs lounge reopens soon: that one downstairs was not really great indeed.
Any more news on what it will feature?
Thanks.

Given a ticket price of 1000EUR I wouldn't call that snobistic at all. Clearly as pointed out by a few passengers now C class does not live up to expectations.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

B.business/Bizz&Class, contrary to the long haul business class, indeed doesn't seem to be worth the money. But than again, are there even passengers paying the full fare for C class in Europe on SN? I believe most of them are long haul transfer pax, people using their miles and maybe the occasional company ceo flying C class even on short flights.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

b-west wrote:
Inquirer wrote:
Well, if a ticket is that expensive, I guess it's only right to have higher expectations. And you didn't taste it, trust me, it was not nice ;)
When I travel on a cheap economy ticket, I know my expectations towards catering, if there is any at all, should be lowered as well.
I know, wasn't ment to be taken too seriously.
Anyway, I disagree on one point: I for one would make use of the option to preselect my meal if it comes available in flex, which shows it's really a matter of oersonal preference. Not that I care much about the meal, but I might as well get one that I know I like, no?
I'd think of ordering that pasta salad. Haha. :oops:

b-west

Post by b-west »

I actually thought that pasta salad was quite ok tasting ;)

I certainly applaud the option that there's an option to pre-select the meal, and I wouldn't hesitate using it. Thing is, there's a lot of last minute business travel, where it's not possible to use that option. If, as Tolipanebas states, the system will preselect one of those meals, I think that's an elegant solution. As long as the quality of the meals is in line with expectations.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

b-west wrote:I actually thought that pasta salad was quite ok tasting ;).
Oef, I am not alone then and maybe not such a peasant after all. :D

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

RoMax wrote: That covered walkway is a BRU-thing anyway, they want to improve the airport experience a bit for these passengers, for FR and U2 it doesn't really matter if their pax have to run through the rain or not.
Are you water-soluble ? :lol:
Do you have a bus stop, metro and railway station just on your doorstep ?
For me, in order to take the STIB bus to the airport, I have to walk 800m to the Schuman bus stop - without air-bridge or sheltered walkway ! Thus, 50 or 100m to take the plane is absolutely no drama.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

airazurxtror wrote: Are you water-soluble ? :lol:
Do you have a bus stop, metro and railway station just on your doorstep ?
For me, in order to take the STIB bus to the airport, I have to walk 800m to the Schuman bus stop - without air-bridge or sheltered walkway ! Thus, 50 or 100m to take the plane is absolutely no drama.
Did I say it's a drama? :roll: But you can hardly call it an enjoyable experience! If that's your logic, you could do everything in open-air.
There is a very good reason BRU wants to do something about it now that the amount of pax using these walking-to-stands increased so significantly, because mainy passengers will blame the airport for having to walk through the rain.

b720

Post by b720 »

If they reduce the price, more people will actually pay n book a c class ticket
On SN euro flights.. LX offers C class for almost half the price of SN.. C class I often
Many rows and nicely filled up!

rix

Post by rix »

I forgot to share this earlier:

A photo review of SN's temporary lounge: http://www.onfoodandtravel.com/2014/07/ ... iance.html

Looking forward to reviewing the revamped lounge once it opens! :)