Reopening Brussels Airport after the 22/03/2016 terror attacks

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Kapitein

Re: Reopening Brussels Airport after the 22/03/2016 terror attacks

Post by Kapitein »

koninckske wrote:Also HOP! might (re)start the Lyon flights from ANR. They received only one slot for a single daily NTE-BRU
LYS will be operated in LGG
In addition SAS introduces a new temporary route to Liege from Copenhagen
indeed, first flight SK6593/6593 CPH - LGG - CPH 06/04/16

BATAVIA

Post by BATAVIA »

Any idea when and How Jetairfly and Thomas Cook Will restart operations from BRU?

b720

Post by b720 »

Disagree? In other words BRU is open for business only for those connecting in BRU and those pax living and working in the BRU area. If one is from further, the message is get someone to drop you off, or walk!
The Fed. Police seems to be lacking in brains and muscle, as we have been seeing in recent months..and years. Too bad when SN and BRU seem to be doing the impossible to operate.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Hey b720, you've spend so much energy trying to pass your message that I now feel the need to say : I agree with you. But this is Belgium, we know what to expect. Flemish have a beautiful word for those situations : "tja..."
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Updeate Brussels Airport Tuesday, April 5th

Brussels Airlines is no longer the only airline to operate again at Brussels Airport. The German Lufthansa returned this morning as the first foreign company back to Brussels airport after the attacks on 22 March. In the course of the day, other airlines will follow.

Today about 100 flights will depart from Zaventem, especially by Brussels Airlines (40 yesterday).
But meanwhile, foreign companies also make their return into the airport: a Lufthansa flight, originating from Frankfurt, landed at 8:06 pm at Brussels Airport. Just after nine o'clock the aircraft left again to Germany. Lufthansa has two return flights scheduled both to Frankfurt and Munich, as per the airline's website.

Starting today Corendon resumes its flights at Brussels Airport. Today, Tuesday, April 5, the flight with destination Antalya will depart from Amsterdam, but the return flight CAI222 from Antalya will land back in Brussels. The departures and arrivals for the next few days will go through Brussels.

During the day also airlines as Tarom (Bucharest) and Aer Lingus (Dublin) start back operations to and from Brussels Airport. LOT (Warsaw) and Iberia (Madrid) will arrive tomorrow and then have a first departing flight. Tomorrow would follow more foreign airlines, including KLM and easyJet.

All Nippon Airways (ANA) has no plans to withdraw its operations from Brussels Airport. "We want to deny emphatically," says Celine Mercier (press contact for ANA). The Japanese airline flies at least until April 10 to Dusseldorf, but hopes soon to serve travellers from Brussels Airport.
André
ex Sabena #26567

travellover

Post by travellover »

About the renovation of the departure hall in a new countenance. Is the first stage beginning soon ?
Cheers

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

sn26567 wrote:Updeate Brussels Airport Tuesday, April 5th

All Nippon Airways (ANA) has no plans to withdraw its operations from Brussels Airport. "We want to deny emphatically," says Celine Mercier (press contact for ANA). The Japanese airline flies at least until April 10 to Dusseldorf, but hopes soon to serve travellers from Brussels Airport.
In the light of this year's celebrations of 150 years diplomatic relations between Belgium and Japan, the Brussels-Tokyo link plays an important role I think. ANA flying this route is a work of years that won't be axed that easily.

Delta's move and their Atlanta-service is another story. With the increasing Star Alliance pressure on BRU-US market, the route might have been on the radar for a while. The recent events might just have triggered their decision. Putting the route on hold until March 2017 might indicate the route could turn into a seasonal service.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Apparently there is a free shuttle bus between the airport and the Zaventem train station. It's nowhere advertised though. Needless to say that we did the walk (with a pram), which was not made easy because of the material left everywhere and the military and police roadblocks.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

skumfiduse wrote: Delta's move and their Atlanta-service is another story. With the increasing Star Alliance pressure on BRU-US market, the route might have been on the radar for a while. The recent events might just have triggered their decision. Putting the route on hold until March 2017 might indicate the route could turn into a seasonal service.
Maybe, but then why cut the route to their powerhub in Atlanta, which they've flow for years without any competition and retain the flight to NYC, on which they face an overwhelming competition of UA, SN and the A++ joint venture?

Kris

Post by Kris »

Conti764 wrote:
skumfiduse wrote: Delta's move and their Atlanta-service is another story. With the increasing Star Alliance pressure on BRU-US market, the route might have been on the radar for a while. The recent events might just have triggered their decision. Putting the route on hold until March 2017 might indicate the route could turn into a seasonal service.
Maybe, but then why cut the route to their powerhub in Atlanta, which they've flow for years without any competition and retain the flight to NYC, on which they face an overwhelming competition of UA, SN and the A++ joint venture?

I happened to be twice on DL80 from ATL to BRU this year. I had not flown Delta for a while, but the loadfactor on these 2 flights were not very high. On the february flight less then 80 pax in Y. Only 2 flights offcourse and I have no idea how this route was performing in general before.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

As of now, cars can be parked in all Interparking car parks at Brussels Airport except P4 and P VIP (even if I don't know where those latter two are located).
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Tomorrow Wed 06APR, Air Malta will be able to restart its flights to/from Brussels Airport.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Adria Airways will partially resume flights to/from Brussels as of April 14th (evening flights only).
André
ex Sabena #26567

teach

Post by teach »

Does anyone know if the draconian knee-jerk safety theater requiring passengers to arrive at the airport three hours in advance will continue or even become permanent? Because if it does, that'll be the end of SN, and will reduce BRU to a small regional airport you only fly to or from if you have no other choice. It'll kill the airport stone dead.

BATAVIA

Post by BATAVIA »

No news about JAF and TC resuming flights ex BRU?
Apparantlly not....

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

It seems that from April, 10th, brussels airlines will already operate about 85% of their normal ops and 100% to/from BRU! Quite impressive if you ask me...
Yet we are far from last week prevision regarding BRU running at 20% of its capacity only during the first weeks after the re-launch...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

All De Lijn bus services to/from Brussels Airport will run normally as of tomorrow Wednesday 6 April.

Brussels Airport announced earlier that STIB/MIVB buses would restart as well, but it is yet not the case.
André
ex Sabena #26567

BRUpilot

Post by BRUpilot »

BATAVIA wrote:No news about JAF and TC resuming flights ex BRU?
Apparantlly not....
As of the 12th of April, All Thomas Cook Airlines operations will move to Brussels Airport again. Until then, LGG will handle all their flights.

Source: Flightlevel

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Ryanair will probably operate full program from friday onwards. Full confirmation on thursday.
Evening wave will land in CRL on thursday and position to BRU afterwards to be ready for friday morning wave.

Trainferry

Post by Trainferry »

travellover wrote:About the renovation of the departure hall in a new countenance. Is the first stage beginning soon ?
I'm also curious about this. I'm wondering if a part of the terminal will reopen or if they prefer to hold it closed till all work is done. Only time will tell I supose.

Is anyone knowing something about TAP flights? Way to soon, but I've planned a holiday, leaving with TP611 on 13th May.