AA038 at BRU

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Kapitein

AA038 at BRU

Post by Kapitein »

This morning around 0710LT AA038 a 767-300ER landed at BRU. The flight, coming from Dallas (KDFW) was bound for Zurich.

It had to make a diversion due to low fuel. Don't know if it is a fuelleak or a 'mistake' in the calculation. Maybe someone has more info about that.

vflies

Post by vflies »

Too bad it's just another 767...
I'm sure many spotters would have been happily surprised by a 777 ;-)

VFlies

pilatus

Post by pilatus »

Wel it is normal to make very sharp fuel calculations. It can happen offcourse in this case that you don't make it. An other thing that could happen is that it used the following method: They filed Dallas-Brussels with alternate Zurich nevertheles the destination is Zurich. As the crossing is going as planned or better you can take the decision to go to Zurich iso landing in Brussels the moment you have to start decend for Brussels. This method gives the benefid that you can take more payload then when you file Dallas-Zurich with alternate(Brussels for example) because this forces you to take more fuel.

Greetz,

concordino

Post by concordino »

Wind speed on the trans-Atlantic crossing less than predicted?

SN30952

Favorable wind speed 4 trans-Atlantic crossing AA38/19SEP

Post by SN30952 »

Brubiac wrote:This morning around 0710LT AA038 a 767-300ER landed at BRU. The flight, coming from Dallas (KDFW) was bound for Zurich. Maybe someone has more info about that.
Could not find AA38/18-19 in Flightview as date pasted.
But for next time, please check it this way and eventually post your info as follows? :wink:
The return flight was not much delayed:
American Airlines Flight Number 37 (AA37)
Departure Airport: ZRH
Scheduled Time: 10:10 AM, Sep 19
Actual Time: 10:24 AM, Sep 19 (only 14' late)
Arrival Airport: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Scheduled Time: 2:25 PM, Sep 19
Actual Time: 2:10 PM, Sep 19 ( 15' early)
Equipment: B763

American Airlines: Flight Number 38 (AA38)
Departure Airport: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Scheduled Time: 3:00 PM, Sep 19
Actual Time: 3:18 PM, Sep 19
Arrival Airport: ZRH
Scheduled Time: 7:55 AM, Sep 20
Actual Time: 7:10 AM, Sep 20
Equipment: B763

Avro

Post by Avro »

Very interesting to know !!!

Chris

concordino

Post by concordino »

But for next time, please check it this way and eventually post your info as follows?

?!?!? :?

SN30952

This time / next time

Post by SN30952 »

concordino wrote:
But for next time, please check it this way and eventually post your info as follows?
Yes, otherwise this forum soon looks like a dusty museum: this is the bed Napoleon slept in....
Would be nicer to have a picture of that, of him and with whom! :roll: And it takes a little more time than posting:
or 'Just a quick request.'
Some people seem only want to take.... and I'm not aiming at you, dear Brubiac. :wink: I wrote
But for next time, please check it this way and eventually post your info as follows ?
And I wrote: "for next time" because "I [this time] could not find AA38/18-19 in Flightview as date pasted."

PS I think I'll have to revert to my earlier bottomline :lol:

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Ok SN30952, next time I will do it like you did it.
I didn't know that site but now I do, I can be more specific.

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Brubiac wrote:Ok SN30952, next time I will do it like you did it.
I didn't know that site but now I do, I can be more specific.
Hi Brubiac,
I have been searching for an answer to your initial question: Don't know if it is a fuelleak or a 'mistake' in the calculation. Maybe someone has more info about that.
I found out the Jet Stream did some strange wave last WE. Probably due to the T storms, particularly 'Jeanne'
Look at this map, and you see that the flight had to head North to avoid T-storms, with head wind:
headwinds out of DFW and click also 'Get past 48 hours observations'
Hope that might have been an explanation.

SN30952

Flight Explorer Version 5.0

Post by SN30952 »

Flight Explorer, the Internet-based real-time global flight tracking information, reporting and display products, today announced the arrival of version 5.0Important new features of Flight Explorer version 5.0 include:
* Route checking and display -- Allows users to easily load all of their company routes and then display one or more of them graphically on Flight Explorer. This enables users to view several alternative routes in relation to current traffic, TFRs and weather prior to filing a flight plan.
* Map and background image overlays -- Complete U.S. and Canadian street-level maps from NAVTEQ, a leading global provider of digital maps for vehicle navigation and location-based solutions, are available for an additional charge. Customers may also overlay any other raster-based, geo-referenced background images they have available such as FAA charts, aviation maps and satellite imagery.
* Airport summary information has been added to include: METARs (Meteorological Actual Reports) and TAFs (Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts), PIREPs (Pilot Reports), sunrise and sunset information, and FAA delay information. The airport delay information shows the current status of all FAA-issued airport delays (ground delay, ground stop, airport closure, arrival delays, and departure delays).
* New weather products such as worldwide infrared satellite coverage are available for an additional charge.
* New alert mechanisms provide the ability to highlight an aircraft of interest by zooming in to it, highlighting it with a change of color and/or a marker. More robust options allow for wireless alerts to Blackberries, PDAs, and other similar portable devices.
* Enhanced integration capabilities -- Users have the ability to overlay additional data on Flight Explorer, such as trucks, cargo or other assets. In addition, Flight Explorer can be integrated with other desktop applications including flight planning systems.
* An expansion of the event system includes several new events that increase Flight Explorer's usefulness to helicopter operators. Flight Explorer now allows users to define customized events in addition to the standard events supported by Flight Explorer.
* Aircraft location information has been expanded to include the latitude/longitude position for the last known location of the aircraft and the location of 'parked' aircraft.
* Worldwide airport, NAVAID (Navigational Aid), and Fix information is included.
* Numerous other productivity enhancing and time-saving features (such as keyboard shortcuts) have also been added. See the Flight Explorer Web site for a complete listing of all new features.
About Flight Explorer

Flight Explorer is the world's most trusted and accepted provider of Internet-based, real-time global flight tracking information, reporting and display products. It produces Flight Explorer Professional, the industry's most powerful, reliable and widely used aircraft situation display system. Customers include American Airlines, FedEx, UPS, NetJets, JetBlue, the FAA, Continental Airlines, Bombardier Business Jet Solutions, World Airways, Air Canada, MillionAir, TAG Aviation, AeroMexico, the City of Chicago Department of Aviation, the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport and airport and port authorities in more than two dozen states. Call 1-866-235-6870 or visit http://www.flightexplorer.com.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Thanks for all the info SN30952

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Brubiac wrote:Thanks for all the info SN30952
My pleasure, Brubiac.