BRU Summer 2024: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Re: BRU Summer 2024: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Atlantis »

Miqvell wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 15:51
theeuropean wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 15:42 Happy about that! Would also be nice if they can something from SFO or IAH. Pity JetBlue didn’t maybe try at least seasonal flights to BRU from BOS
I think that second daily was made possible with a small 752 due to the 77W being removed from EWR in S24 (-32 seats vs 78X) and the constant delays with XLR (at least S25) + I wouldn't be surprised if IAD also gets doubled in the future. For the new destinations, hopefully next year as new 787 will arrive but as you can see in the press release, there is only one real new route (Faro) announced for S24, most likely due to lack of aircraft.

About JetBlue, only time (really soon) will tell if they lose their slots at AMS but chances are high. If so, I'm pretty sure they'll transfer their ops to BRU.
Or to CDG first instead of BRU.

Regarding United, very good that they have the plane available for the double flight a day. It's a pity that it's not an evening flight. With the current long haul wave in the evening would be a very nice addition. But good anyway that they are

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Atlantis wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 16:27
theeuropean wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 15:42 Happy about that! Would also be nice if they can something from SFO or IAH. Pity JetBlue didn’t maybe try at least seasonal flights to BRU from BOS
I think that second daily was made possible with a small 752 due to the 77W being removed from EWR in S24 (-32 seats vs 78X) and the constant delays with XLR (at least S25) + I wouldn't be surprised if IAD also gets doubled in the future. For the new destinations, hopefully next year as new 787 will arrive but as you can see in the press release, there is only one real new route (Faro) announced for S24, most likely due to lack of aircraft.

About JetBlue, only time (really soon) will tell if they lose their slots at AMS but chances are high. If so, I'm pretty sure they'll transfer their ops to BRU.
JetBlue already serves CDG and it'll be 2x daily JFK + 1x daily BOS next summer. I think BRU would be a logical step knowing that we were once on their short-list of priorities and that BOS is a black spot. Also, off-topic but rumors say that JetBlue could be in discussions with lessors to get a few widebodies...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Miqvell wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 16:38

JetBlue already serves CDG and it'll be 2x daily JFK + 1x daily BOS next summer. I think BRU would be a logical step knowing that we were once on their short-list of priorities and that BOS is a black spot. Also, off-topic but rumors say that JetBlue could be in discussions with lessors to get a few widebodies...
Or South Europe could be also for them.
It would be nice to see BOS finally again served from BRU.

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Atlantis wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 16:53

Indeed, Lisbon should be next but if Amsterdam is indefinitely stopped, they should seriously consider us as soon as possible. Same happens with Air India as they already end AMS tomorrow...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Miqvell wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 17:07

Indeed, Lisbon should be next but if Amsterdam is indefinitely stopped, they should seriously consider us as soon as possible. Same happens with Air India as they already end AMS tomorrow...
From the point of being secured would BRU be a much better choice than AMS where everything is in favor of KLM.
Black spot from BRU is India. Indigo would love to fly to AMS bcs of Elbers.
Next year Air India and Jetblue would be great. Long haul next year looks more promising from BRU.

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Atlantis wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 17:11

Next year Air India and Jetblue would be great. Long haul next year looks more promising from BRU.
I agree. If we also consider Thai, Saudia, CAA, Juneyao (high chances too) and maybe Cathay (Brussels is the only remaining destination on their 'Europe' list that hasn't resumed, while they said full 2019 capacity from the end of 2024). Flynas, Singapore, United, SN, ME3 increases, Toronto year-round, it looks great so far, every year should be like this.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Miqvell wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 17:32

I agree. If we also consider Thai, Saudia, CAA, Juneyao (high chances too) and maybe Cathay (Brussels is the only remaining destination on their 'Europe' list that hasn't resumed, while they said full 2019 capacity from the end of 2024). Flynas, Singapore, United, SN, ME3 increases, Toronto year-round, it looks great so far, every year should be like this.
Juneyao started up Athens I think lately. Mostly a second European destination is following. Saudi is also very sure.
Cathay could be after SIA start up. Mostly they are looking at each other and Cathay is doing very fine now. Question is if they will have a plane available.

To have the situation back as in 2019 and the beginning of 2020 would be great.

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Atlantis wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 17:45
Juneyao started up Athens I think lately. Mostly a second European destination is following. Saudi is also very sure.
Cathay could be after SIA start up. Mostly they are looking at each other and Cathay is doing very fine now. Question is if they will have a plane available.

Juneyao starts Milan this year and Athens in April. Brussels has a daily codeshare via Finnair but since this week some flights are now locked from 2nd April, 3 times a week ; a matter of time until confirmation I suppose.
It will be interesting to see Flynas and Saudia compete together unless they choose Riyadh, but this is unlikely due to Riyadh Air.
Hainan seems to be doing well in Shenzhen, so why not HK, apparently CX still has a few planes parked.

Still sad we lost South Africa and Mauritius.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Miqvell wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 18:16

Juneyao starts Milan this year and Athens in April. Brussels has a daily codeshare via Finnair but since this week some flights are now locked from 2nd April, 3 times a week ; a matter of time until confirmation I suppose.
It will be interesting to see Flynas and Saudia compete together unless they choose Riyadh, but this is unlikely due to Riyadh Air.
Hainan seems to be doing well in Shenzhen, so why not HK, apparently CX still has a few planes parked.

Still sad we lost South Africa and Mauritius.
Sad about them indeed but I prefer to have really full planes instead of a few and keep trying.
Also don't forget that TUI suffers a lot with their long haul. Better would be one Leisure company with a solid portfolio. We had in the past many of such flights, even to Male and was only seasonal or a few years and gone. This is something very difficult from here.

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Further good news (but less exciting)
TUI has released its S24 schedule, destinations which were transferred from CRL are kept (Algeria, Tunis, ...). No more, no less. New routes will likely be released in due time.

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Saudi is also very sure.
Rumors say that Saudia will announce at least 2 new routes next week, during the World Travel Market in London (Nov. 6 > Nov. 8). They themselves are specifically teasing November 6th (“Stay Tuned”) so we’ll see.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Miqvell wrote: 01 Nov 2023, 00:15
Saudi is also very sure.
Rumors say that Saudia will announce at least 2 new routes next week, during the World Travel Market in London (Nov. 6 > Nov. 8). They themselves are specifically teasing November 6th (“Stay Tuned”) so we’ll see.
It would be nice bcs the are teased and taken into speed by Flynas.
Also Juneyao to keep an eye on for next year.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Maybe another airline to keep an eye on is Qanot Sharq from Uzbekistan. They have the intention to start up several routes to Europe with the A321neo from Tashkent airport.
The first route they will start is on 9th March to Madrid. The other destinations they keep an eye on are MXP, CDG, PRG and WAW. It was LOT Polish Airlines who was flying some time ago by themselves to Tashkent, but stopped it quite fast.

brabel

Post by brabel »

Off topic: I'm in Uzbekistan at the moment.
I don't think there's that big of a market to attract tourists (from BRU) though. Although it's very beautiful.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

brabel wrote: 01 Nov 2023, 14:00 Off topic: I'm in Uzbekistan at the moment.
I don't think there's that big of a market to attract tourists (from BRU) though. Although it's very beautiful.
Tourism not so much but business is very important in oil and gaz, construction, IT, food processing, etc. Many of them is import/export for Belgium. If we talk about food, a huge export product to those countries are pork meat, potatoes and pears. Is a great replacement for Russia.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Enjoy. I guess you flew Turkish Airlines, like myself last year. With prices like theirs, very few airlines can compete.
André
ex Sabena #26567

JOVAN2

Post by JOVAN2 »

Atlantis wrote: 01 Nov 2023, 17:45
Tourism not so much but business is very important in oil and gaz, construction, IT, food processing, etc. Many of them is import/export for Belgium. If we talk about food, a huge export product to those countries are pork meat, potatoes and pears. Is a great replacement for Russia.
Porkmeat export to Uzbekistan.

Country is 98pct islam....

Atlantis, better check you sources...

BRU should better concentrate on long-term and stable airlines.
Since SN prefers Ouagadoudou and other exotic unstable countries, ,BRU should concentrate better on attracting North and Latin American, and reliable Asian airlines.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

JOVAN2 wrote: 01 Nov 2023, 19:40
Atlantis wrote: 01 Nov 2023, 17:45
Porkmeat export to Uzbekistan.

Country is 98pct islam....

Atlantis, better check you sources...

BRU should better concentrate on long-term and stable airlines.
Since SN prefers Ouagadoudou and other exotic unstable countries, ,BRU should concentrate better on attracting North and Latin American, and reliable Asian airlines.
There you have a point regarding pork meat, all other meat is common.
What was anyway a big export product to Russia was pork meat.

flywithUs

Post by flywithUs »

Bordeaux doesn't seem bookable anymore for S24 in SN booking engine.

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

flywithUs wrote: 02 Nov 2023, 10:18 Bordeaux doesn't seem bookable anymore for S24 in SN booking engine.
Like Brindisi but it's still too early to make conclusions