Budapest LHBP/BUD Pictures

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Welcome back Robin!

I hope that you have got a nice holiday and a good flight.

that's already a nice report.

Am waiting for the log.

Best Regards/Happy Newyear: Yannick :wink:

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

nice shots Robin ;)

Don't forget, once your pics are screende, your links to them won't work anymore

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Nice shots .. where were they taken from? Is the observer terrace still accesible?

RobinZartos

Post by RobinZartos »

@Yannick : The departure was horrible, as we had about 12 hours of delay (no joke). We were expected to depart around 13u20, but we actually get airborn around 02u05 the next day ! We stayed the night at the airport, without sleeping. I've read 2 full books ! :P The return flight was on time, just with about 15 minutes "delay". (nothing in comparison with the 12 hours). The holiday was very cold, altough i met AdamS at the airport (don't know if someone know him from airliners). Sympatique guy ! He brought us to our car with his car, otherwise we had to walk for 30 minutes. As u can see on the pictures, spotting was very good ! They are very friendly for the spotters. They even build a stage to stand and look over the fence. Enfin, extended flight and spotting report following !

(Best wishes)

@Bram : Yes, but the queue is high at the moment, so i think the pics will be screened in about a week.

@B737229 : The observation terrace is accesible... But only in the summer. Sadly it is closed during winter and sometimes during autumn. The pictures were taken at a very intimate place near a forest with flowers and trees etc...

Thanks everyone for the replies !

Best wishes btw to everyone.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

RobinZartos,

as Bottie mentioned these links will not work anymore in a few days. Those are really nice shots and it's a waste that people will not see them anymore in a few days :(

I suggest to share your pictures:

- on a server where you are sure that the links will work (even after a week), may I suggest http://coppermine.luchtzak.be or http://members.airliners.be
- untill the pics are accepted on a.net

thanks for cooperation ;)

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Very nice shots Robin. Thanks for sharing them with us.

One small tip:
Watch Out when cropping the pictures. Sometimes you just cropped a little part of the nose or the stabalizer. Take some more space at the left and right side of the picture.
Don't get me wrong it's not wrong to crop your pictures but sometimes you did it just a bit to enthousiast.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Dreamflight

Post by Dreamflight »

Hi Robin,

Nice shots indeed ! BUD offers a lot of good spotting places. Of course when the observer terrace is open, you can overview the airport in all directions.

Grz,

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

hello Robin;

Nice, also because we don't see this a lot from the East European
countries.

Thanks for sharing us.:jumpy:

regards: Jeroen

RobinZartos

Post by RobinZartos »

Thanks again for the replies !

@Luchtzak : I will upload them as quik as possible to http://members.airliners.be as i find some time to do that.

@Yvo : Yes i know about that cropping :P But sometimes the pictures where to oblique and i had to make them straight. What happens is when that blue border comes to close i have to remove the border, with sometimes 1-2mm cut of from the nose... I will try to fix it !

@Jeroen : Sadly i just saw the Malev 762 landing for my nose and i was just to late to take some pictures... The American Trans Air Lockheed was landing on the other runway, together with an unidentified 753.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

nice pics, but most of the links don't work...

RobinZartos

Post by RobinZartos »

Yes, the screens where just screened by airliners.

I yesterday spend almost half an hour to send those spotting pics at Budapest to airliners. I filled at every picture Brussels airport...

RobinZartos

Post by RobinZartos »

Here's a fast update :

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/show ... 2005-01-03

U will recognize the pictures from Budapest.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

:smile: Thanks for sharing with us, Robin.
Aum Sweet Aum.

RobinZartos

Post by RobinZartos »

Thanks for information TBSC !

Captain

Post by Captain »

Was in Ferihegy yesterday.

Quite an interesting place with some old Russian planes. From the departure screen most of the flights were low-cost airlines.

I then read in the Budapest Business Journal that customers are up 30% since same period last year. Not bad!

Something I was confused: I saw on a map that there appears to be an old airport called Ferihegy 1. Is this still in use? Ferihegy 2 is where all commercial flights depart.

Captain

Rago

Post by Rago »

sorry, but no pics to see...

only following message :

Sorry pal, but you seem to be lost. The page you requested does not exist. But don't worry, go here and things might clear up.

... and nothing got cleared up ...

Andries

Post by Andries »

Rago wrote:sorry, but no pics to see...

only following message :

Sorry pal, but you seem to be lost. The page you requested does not exist. But don't worry, go here and things might clear up.

... and nothing got cleared up ...
That's cause he gave us the URL to the pictures that were still in the screening proces. When he posted them, they worked. Now that they have gone through screening, the URL's don't work anymore.

Maybe Robin can upload them on http://members.airliners.be so we can all enjoy these pics again.

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

RobinZartos

Post by RobinZartos »

I will upload them right now. Expect them online within the next hour !