Police intervention while spotting in BRU, Sunday 12/09/'04

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Stoney wrote:And how about demanding to BIAC after the action to place some garbage bins there?
BIAC is not responsible for what's outside of the airport. The Flemish government or the local municipalities should take care of that.

And here we come back to the local habits of splitting responsibility over a too high number of authorities: co-ordinating all this becomes a nightmare.

So who is going to take the initiative of placing gargabe bins at the main spotting areas around the airport?
André
ex Sabena #26567

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Rago wrote:I got my :censored: kicked at the 25L approach because "my car was causing interference at the ground-radar" 8O
As a matter of fact, you car can actually interfere with the ILS if its under the approach pad. But just park it 10 meters further > no problemo :)
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

The idea of a cleanup project is very interesting. If it is in the weekend, i would gladly help a hand!

About the placing of the garbage cans, not a bad idea, but i'm not sure if the local (or whatever) government that would have to place those garbage cans would be very interested. Don't forget that it not only involves placing the cans, but also regurarely emptying them, which costs money if there normally aren't garbage trucks passing by. Of course if they do pass there, no problem then. If there aren't garbage cans, they can just blame it on spotters...

Keep me informed about what will be arranged! It sure would be good to get BRU in the news in a positive way! Write to HLN, they are always interested in such news :twisted: Hehe.

Greets,

Pieter

Avro

Post by Avro »

I don't think there is any need of putting garbage bins over there. Poeple are usually there for a few hours or so. Can't they just keep their trash and throw it away afterwards ??? When spotting you don't have tons of trash !! Just a bottle or two that all and maybe some wrapping paper from biscuits or stuff liek that.

Chris